Gomez vs McKee series

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Got ourselves a good one in Austin Gomez. For anyone who doesn't know, Mitch McKee won Fargo freestyle twice (and Fargo Greco four times) and was a Round of 12 guy this season, so just one match away from being an All-American. And Gomez beat him once, and then almost beat him again. I haven't seen the match, but it sounds like the third match was controversial and that maybe Gomez should have won that match as well. Either way, the kid is going to be a stud.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Is he too good to redshirt? I think that redshirt year is exactly what Storr needed and I could see it really benefitting Gomez as well.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Ideally we see a redshirt. Then Storr goes up to 149. Parker at 33 and Gomez at 141. That is a great young lineup.

I haven't watched the series yet, but I did watch Gomez vs Vito. That was great. Vito is awesome.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Haha no kidding, right!? In all seriousness, we have some of the best middleweight coaches in the country, including one of the biggest middleweight names in the world to high school recruits (Brent Metcalf). We will start getting some middleweights but that has to be our biggest focus in this year's recruiting class. We have some stud lightweights and some good talent in uppers, but we need some serious help in the 149-184 range.

I hope we can land some of these guys:

Michael Millage
David Carr
Sammy Sasso
Joel Shapiro
Bryce Esmoil
Grant Stotts

And obviously Brody Teske - I think he could anchor 125 for a long time for us

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Haha no kidding, right!? In all seriousness, we have some of the best middleweight coaches in the country, including one of the biggest middleweight names in the world to high school recruits (Brent Metcalf). We will start getting some middleweights but that has to be our biggest focus in this year's recruiting class. We have some stud lightweights and some good talent in uppers, but we need some serious help in the 149-184 range.

I hope we can land some of these guys:

Michael Millage
David Carr
Sammy Sasso
Joel Shapiro
Bryce Esmoil
Grant Stotts

And obviously Brody Teske - I think he could anchor 125 for a long time for us

Like about 4 years? :jimlad: