Getting pepper spray in DSM...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations or know of a good place to get a can in DSM? All this talk of the West Des Moines rapist, combined w/the fact that he's linked to a rape in Waukee has made me a little uneasy (for my girlfriend's safety) and I want to get some for her. Thanks.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Just read up on it. WTH? Apparently the rock I've built over myself for finals week has kept me a little too covered.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Sporting goods stores have many things you can use for self-protection thought thats not the main use...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Amazon doesn't do any help tonight, or tomorrow night.

No, but I'm here tonight and tomorrow, and keeping a knife next to the bed. It's more for in case I wasn't at home, or she was out, or something like that. Amazon wouldn't be a bad route for what I need, and the op is aware of that. I'd rather talk to someone when I was buying it though, is all.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I was wondering that; like if you could just roll up into Scheels and buy a can. Does it come in cans, like spray paint?

Well, small cans, small enough to conceal in the palm of your hand.....they're usually designed to fit in a purse or to be carried without being seen while walking. They're advertised as mainly for spraying loose dogs that might attack, but they'll knock a guy back, too.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I was wondering that; like if you could just roll up into Scheels and buy a can. Does it come in cans, like spray paint?

I know MC Sports carries it, I'd imagine Scheels would also?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
No, but I'm here tonight and tomorrow, and keeping a knife next to the bed. It's more for in case I wasn't at home, or she was out, or something like that. Amazon wouldn't be a bad route for what I need, and the op is aware of that. I'd rather talk to someone when I was buying it though, is all.

Sheesh.....just give her your light saber.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I know MC Sports carries it, I'd imagine Scheels would also?

Is the store next to MC Sports still empty? I never figured that pepper spray would be the kind of thing you could just walk in and buy. Not like guns or anything like that, but I would imagine that it's kept behind the counter, maybe locked up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron