General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Need more triangulars, esp on a Sunday. I know some fans don't want to make the trip to Ames for a dual with Utah Valley, but maybe they would if we had Utah Valley and Northern Colorado
I enjoy this. One mat or two though? It could get long with one but maybe that's ok?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I enjoy this. One mat or two though? It could get long with one but maybe that's ok?
With a triangle the only option is one mat but I do like the idea. But man it can get long having to commit hours to wrestling and getting people to buy in. I think the biggest thing is just getting teams to be competitive - the Utah Valley’s, Northern Colorado, heck even Wisconsin Oklahoma and Arizona state weren’t even competitive honestly

• Agree
Reactions: crablegs

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
With a triangle the only option is one mat but I do like the idea. But man it can get long having to commit hours to wrestling and getting people to buy in. I think the biggest thing is just getting teams to be competitive - the Utah Valley’s, Northern Colorado, heck even Wisconsin Oklahoma and Arizona state weren’t even competitive honestly
Or Missouri!!

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Even with four teams and two mats, four hours gets to be a long time for families.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Need more triangulars, esp on a Sunday. I know some fans don't want to make the trip to Ames for a dual with Utah Valley, but maybe they would if we had Utah Valley and Northern Colorado

I get it, but does UVU vs UNC (for example) in Ames at 11:00 on a Sunday morning help anyone, other than getting another match in? How many people are showing up early for that? Probably a lot fewer than if that same dual was in Orem or Greeley.

Road MTEs against the far western affiliates would be more beneficial to all parties, IMO. Someone gets an attendance bump. The smaller schools (smaller budgets) then have either no trip or a much shorter trip to get 2 duals in.

Even something like a Friday night tri and a single on Sunday:
Friday afternoon/evening - ISU, UNC and Air Force in Colorado Springs
Sunday - ISU at Wyoming

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
when does next years schedule come out? Would love to have a dual with SDSU
Not until late summer/early fall I believe. Either way, it will be a while.

We should get OU and OSU at home next year. Attendance will suffer without Iowa, UNI, and Missouri. This year was a really good home schedule.

Would love to see another big name program come to Ames. Home and home with V Tech seems like something Dresser and Robie should be able to work out. Michigan, NC State, Nebraska would be some others. I think we tried with Wisconsin, but wouldn’t you know Bono’s drove that program into the ground.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

We should get OU and OSU at home next year. Attendance will suffer without Iowa, UNI, and Missouri. This year was a really good home schedule.

Would love to see another big name program come to Ames. Home and home with V Tech seems like something Dresser and Robie should be able to work out. Michigan, NC State, Nebraska would be some others. I think we tried with Wisconsin, but wouldn’t you know Bono’s drove that program into the ground.
Well truthfully UW has Barry Davis to thank for driving the program into the ground. Now Bono is the one who's making sure it stays there lol

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

ASU should be at home. I assume that series will continue.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
ASU should be at home. I assume that series will continue.
Speaking of ASU, that’s a team that could have a decent finish at NCAAs relative to dual performance this year.

Not close to trophy contention but they could very well have 4 AA’s with Teemer, Schultz, Parco and Figs and push for top 10.

Also think Chlebove and Vazquez could score some points at NCAAs

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Well truthfully UW has Barry Davis to thank for driving the program into the ground. Now Bono is the one who's making sure it stays there lol
They have one of the best clubs in the nation at their feet but the problem is Askren doesn’t like Bono. If Wisconsin could get 2-4 Askren kids every other year they’d be an elite program. But they can’t get any.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Was SUPPOSED to be a really good home schedule. The problem is Pitt was canceled and Missouri was a flop. I was really excited for those two. We also had Davidson and Utah valley at home which sucked and Wisconsin was in Humboldt.

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Anyone have kids that club wrestled at ISU? Seems like I used to see something about a club team every once in a while. Son is heading there next fall. Didn't want to do the DIII thing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron