General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
It'll be interesting to see who Iowa hires as their next AD and if they let the Brands recruit the Ferrari's. If public image becomes a major focal point for the university, I could see whoever they hire telling TnT they can't recruit Anthony and AJ

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It'll be interesting to see who Iowa hires as their next AD and if they let the Brands recruit the Ferrari's. If public image becomes a major focal point for the university, I could see whoever they hire telling TnT they can't recruit Anthony and AJ
Here's to hoping this doesn't come to fruition. The Ferrari's in Iowa City will be a gift that keeps on giving. The **** show will be at levels we could only dream of.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

The university needs to clean up their act. Next hire will be big

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Admittedly I’m not a huge UFC guru, but this is cool and if the ufc were smart they’d push this in college wrestling. They’d get more and more wrestlers on their grappling cards. I would be a fan of that

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Cody was great at covering all three state schools and high school wrestling. It will be a big loss, but probably a good career move for Cody as it appears the Register is struggling

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Personally never found his coverage all that great. Certainly not near as good as the previous wrestling reporter, Andy Hamilton.

I’m sure the Register can find someone to replace him if they want.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The state of Iowa is losing one of the better wrestling writers out there. Good luck to Cody, and I wonder who's going to be covering wrestling in Iowa now.

I'd say Jim Nelson but he's now running two papers and is stretched incredibly thin. I don't think there's time in his day to expand beyond what he's doing now.

Reactions: Tigerguy_

ISUgrad22

Jun 1, 2023
I wonder with the Anglo commitment to Iowa and the whole family moving to Iowa City how long until they do something stupid on E College St