Gap Friends & Family Coupon

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Wow, great deal.

Anybody find it interesting that in the fine print they mention that reproductions and photocopies will not be accepted? The thing is an email for people to forward to their friends to print off and bring into the store, how is printing off copies any different then throwing it in the copy machine? :confused: ..... leave it to lawyers....

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
You may have received this already but incase you haven't, here's a coupon for 30% off at all Gap, Inc. stores plus they'll give 5% to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. 30% off your purchase can add up to alot.

Happy Shopping!

http://gap.p.delivery.net/m/p/gap/pvw/nprevieweml.asp?cid=14969323822&pid=747328&mid=1851321033

My wife is going on her big holiday shopping trip this weekend...and she always buys at these stores. You just saved me nice chuck of change!

:notworthy:Thank You!!!!!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks - I had accidentally thrown mine away!!

I know Eddie Bauer is doing a F&F this weekend, too. And Kate Spade is running their semi-annual secret sale. It's a great weekend to shop!

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
My kids pretty much won't wear anything GAP since someone told them it meant Gay And Proud. Gotta love that peer pressure.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Trying to bite my lip here (and keep quiet) and realize this may be more a flippant comment then anything else, but this screams to me of a major life lesson not to be missed. It is called -- teaching your kids some common sense.

I mean really. Some peer pressure issues are very difficult to address, but this one seems like a slam dunk to help them overcome the irrationality of it all. Don't you think?

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Trying to bite my lip here (and keep quiet) and realize this may be more a flippant comment then anything else, but this screams to me of a major life lesson not to be missed. It is called -- teaching your kids some common sense.

I mean really. Some peer pressure issues are very difficult to address, but this one seems like a slam dunk to help them overcome the irrationality of it all. Don't you think?

Wow. Doesn't take much to set you off. It was a little flippant. We don't shop at stores like GAP, Hollister or Abercrombie anyway. My son wears Iron Maiden shirts most days(didn't fall far from the tree) Honestly though I wouldn't get too excited about them not wanting to wear something because of peer pressure. Its the way fads go. Perhaps you wanted to defend the situation because it linked GAP and the word Gay. Being homosexual is not a real issue in our house, we are very liberal(I mean open minded). I took the situation as any other slang that kids toss out. I remember kids being picked on for what they wore in my day as well. I certainly wouldn't make my kid wear something to school that draws attention. Schools have a hard enough time getting their curriculum done.

Last edited:

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Wow. Doesn't take much to set you off. It was a little flippant. We don't shop at stores like GAP, Hollister or Abercrombie anyway. My son wears Iron Maiden shirts most days(didn't fall far from the tree) Honestly though I wouldn't get too excited about them not wanting to wear something because of peer pressure. Its the way fads go. Perhaps you wanted to defend the situation because it linked GAP and the word Gay. Being homosexual is not a real issue in our house, we are very liberal(I mean open minded). I took the situation as any other slang that kids toss out. I remember kids being picked on for what they wore in my day as well. I certainly wouldn't make my kid wear something to school that draws attention. Schools have a hard enough time getting their curriculum done.

I realize the internet doesn’t relay tone very well, but what makes you think I was "set off"? I readily and proactively admitted you may have been making a flippant comment. But since you persisted, I feel must comment further.

First off, I’m not following your whole homosexual agenda argument. Maybe you could elaborate?

Slang? I don't see any part of this discussion that relates to "slang". We must be on completely different wave length (and I'll admit, it could be me) but I'm not seeing this as any type of discussion related to today's slang terms.

Finally, I wouldn't suggest you "make" your kids wear anything they aren't comfortable wearing either. Where did I say that? That would be cruel and inconsiderate to their feelings. That said I do find it odd how you interpreted my comments. I suggested this was a perfect opportunity to educate them on a major life lesson. I meant this as a way to redirect how they see and analyze their surroundings.

In other words,

Hey...look around kids….see how many thousands…maybe millions of people wear clothing that says "GAP" on it? Does it really make sense that all these people are behind some type of gay agenda or movement? Do you really believe the Baby Gap stores are for parents who want their infants to support gay rights? From a logical standpoint, doesn’t that in itself suggest that the basis of what the kids at school are saying is pretty ignorant?

If you've asked your kids to look from this prospective and they still hold to that belief system, than fine. At least you've planted the seed to teach them do some critical thinking (ie…again, the "life lesson") that someday will serve them well (even though they didn’t' arrive at the desired answer for this one particular situation this time).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I want to hate Gap, but being tall and skinny their stuff just fits me so well. Now I need to go wash my hands.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
You may want to double check with store to be sure they will honor it before going to the checkout.

I have a similar coupon that only I can use. The register recognizes it from the bar code.

That might be why it has that they will not recognize photo copies or reproductions.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive

Hey...look around kids….see how many thousands…maybe millions of people wear clothing that says "GAP" on it? Does it really make sense that all these people are behind some type of gay agenda or movement? Do you really believe the Baby Gap stores are for parents who want their infants to support gay rights? From a logical standpoint, doesn’t that in itself suggest that the basis of what the kids at school are saying is pretty ignorant?

Let's just agree that we probably have different households and different parenting styles. I can't imagine the need to have that conversation with my kids. They already get it. They don't want to wear the clothes and that's cool with me.

See you Saturday, Go Cyclones!!!!!

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
So you're "cool" with the fact that your kids have incorrectly concluded that GAP stands for something it clearly does not, and because that belief (which we all know is incorrect) makes them uncomfortable, you're OK with that. Am I understanding you correctly?

If so, yes, I agree . We definitely do have different parenting styles.

Then again, I've been accused of being a little uptight at times (if you haven't' figured that out already). :)

Yes…go 'Clones!

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
Wow. Doesn't take much to set you off. It was a little flippant.

So you're "cool" with the fact that your kids have incorrectly concluded that GAP stands for something it clearly does not, and because that belief (which we all know is incorrect) makes them uncomfortable, you're OK with that. Am I understanding you correctly.

The kids should be safely in bed so you both can knock back a few beers and lighten up.