Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I think losing Brock will be the biggest concern. Our running game was awful once he went down. I’m not sure we can count on Norton because he can’t stay healthy (he was injured all of this spring too).

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
This is from the most recent UNI handbook I have (2020-21). I assume this is standard language that comes right from the NCAA. Emphasis mine.

If one accepts name, image, and likeness money isn't that person "engaging in activities designed to influence the outcome of an intercollegiate contest...?"

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I think losing Brock will be the biggest concern. Our running game was awful once he went down. I’m not sure we can count on Norton because he can’t stay healthy (he was injured all of this spring too).
Wasn’t that transfer we picked up supposed to be pretty good?

Reactions: ajspatio19

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Brock would be a big loss, not sure we have as big and physical of a back to replace him. We didn’t last year. Need a guy that can get YAC.

Norton is the best RB on our roster..... if he's healthy IMO. But losing Brock will certainly hurt depth. We will basically have 3 RBs.... and then Carson Hansen and Abu Sama (if he plays RB?).

• Agree
Reactions: ISUcyclones11

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Norton is the best RB on our roster..... if he's healthy IMO. But losing Brock will certainly hurt depth. We will basically have 3 RBs.... and then Carson Hansen and Abu Sama (if he plays RB?).

Brock looked REALLY good during the spring game. If he's one of the gamblers, that will be by far our biggest loss.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All five players are done for the year, with four of the five losing their last year of eligibility. Their careers are over.

Agree. They aren't going to mess around with gambling. It will be a very harsh punishment. If gambling becomes a thing amongst college football players... it could ruin the sport. People will not attend or watch a sport if they believe it is rigged.... unless it's professional wrestling (which I have no idea why anyone attends or watches btw).

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Brock looked REALLY good during the spring game. If he's one of the gamblers, that will be by far our biggest loss.

Disagree. Norton, Sanders, and Harris all have college experience.

Losing Dekkers could be a disaster. Rocco has very little experience and JJ has none. I think the late transfer guy was a reach and is only an option if Rocco and JJ both fail.

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
So I understand, a bunch of posters are debating our outlook based on rumors based on other rumors?

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I know a lot of people don’t like Dekkers, but I think they will really be missing him after a few games. Hope I’m wrong.

Brock- I’m one of those that believes the RBs are only as good as the OL, so I don’t think this one matters that much…. all depends on OL.

Hannika- honestly not worried at all about this one. TE position is loaded.

Remsburg- Only a loss if he was actually going to be healthy for more than a couple games… which is not very likely IMO.

Lee- huge loss IMO. Yes Orange is the real deal, but not Lee’s level yet, and this position MUST have depth…. they get worn out fast.

Why do you think the TE position is loaded?

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
So I understand, a bunch of posters are debating our outlook based on rumors based on other rumors?
the five names that have been listed in the thread (Dekkers, Brock, Hanika, Remsburg, and Lee) seem to be the consistently repeated rumor. I think it's based off another website's paid board.

it's a little bit like the mhver3 for WVU situation. enough people say the same thing based on the same rumor and it takes a life of its own.

it is pretty telling that dekkers hasn't been featured in recent social media posts, and norton was featured in the latest tweet instead of brock.. it seems pretty likely that those two at least are involved, but we really don't know for sure, and won't know until the university announces things.

Status
Not open for further replies.