Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Penn State is 5th in wins over the past 10 years in the BIG, behind Wisconsin and Iowa. While I think PSU is likely better than both of those teams this year, they aren't far and away better than teams in the West. OSU is the team that has been and is far superior to all other teams. Michigan is very good, but they aren't near OSU's level.

View attachment 114660
Why do you think Wisconsin and Iowa have more wins? Lol think reaaaaaally hard about this one.

herkyshere

May 5, 2023
So outside of the TE’s and Kaleb Johnson, who’s good, you mentioned a bunch of unproven players. You’re hitching your wagon and talking up a bunch of guys who most haven’t played at this level behind arguably the worst OC in P5 football.
You must not understand the context of the word talent.

Kaleb Brown was the only freshman at OSU who did not redshirt last year in arguably one of the most stacked WR rooms in the country, not just last year, but in the past 10 years. While he hasn't "proven it" on the field in a game, early reports from inside the program is that he is a game changer Iowa has not had at WR before.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You must not understand the context of the word talent.

Kaleb Brown was the only freshman at OSU who did not redshirt last year in arguably one of the most stacked WR rooms in the country, not just last year, but in the past 10 years. While he hasn't "proven it" on the field in a game, early reports from inside the program is that he is a game changer Iowa has not had at WR before.
The same sources from inside of the program who said Spencer Petras was practicing extremely well?

herkyshere

May 5, 2023
The same sources from inside of the program who said Spencer Petras was practicing extremely well?
I'm extremely happy the Spencer Petras era is over in Iowa City, but he had almost no shot at success due to the lack of offensive line and terrible options at WR. In a pro style offense, if you can't run and then can't block long enough to utilize play action effectively, you are going to fail.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm extremely happy the Spencer Petras era is over in Iowa City, but he had almost no shot at success due to the lack of offensive line and terrible options at WR. In a pro style offense, if you can't run and then can't block long enough to utilize play action effectively, you are going to fail.
But not just two years ago we were told by your fanbase that Arland Bruce and Keegan Johnson were studs? What happened?

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
JFC there is no link. I tagged Chris but he’s didn’t reply. I’m not sure how far down the road it got, just that Iowa and Notre Dame wanted to make it happen but it was going to require a pause in the ISU/Iowa series and Pollard said no.

I don’t “know” Iowa will have a squad, crazy things can happen in college football, but Iowa has good to great talent at every skill position and their offensive line (which was the #1 reason their offense sucked last year) will be much, much better. The defense will be awesome again as well. Great special teams. Put it together and they should be damn good.

I don’t get the same warm and fuzzy feeling about ISU’s season this year. If ISU only wins 4 games, at least you can take solace in the fact that you have an extremely difficult schedule!
I agree the skill position talent is the best since maybe 2020 which isnt a huge bar to climb but where's the optimism coming from on the offensive line? They'd need to make a huge improvement just to be average. If Jones and Dejong are listed starters instead of the two transfers I'm going to be very skeptical.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
But not just two years ago we were told by your fanbase that Arland Bruce and Keegan Johnson were studs? What happened?
I do think Keegan Johnson will be a stud for Kansas State. He was really good as a Freshman and last year he was injured/didn't want to play. Not sure which. He'll be a good player for Kansas State though.

Status
Not open for further replies.