Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Not yet. But they passed a law where they can bring in the Bird when they aren’t happy
True. Although the AG's office could always be brought in upon request of the local prosecutors even before that. Some of the finest prosecutors I've encountered were area prosecutors who were Asst AGs.

I further say naught, because I will cave this thing.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Deceitful? Lol

You guys are dramatizing this way too much. 90% of the men I know age 21-40 are gambling on sports. If by "ringleader", you mean he was putting bets in on his account or influencing his teammates, sure. It's not really that dramatic though.

I agree that I don't love Dekkers' demeanor, but it's just sports gambling. It's widely accepted. Unfortunately it's against NCAA rules.
Oh I’m not even referring to the gambling aspect of him when I refer to him with those adjectives, I’m talking about his demeanor in general throughout practice.

Deceitful/sly/crafty/scheming… you pick your favorite one, that’s how I perceive he comes across at the practices I’ve been at.

CaposCy

Feb 8, 2017
Oh I’m not even referring to the gambling aspect of him when I refer to him with those adjectives, I’m talking about his demeanor in general throughout practice.

Deceitful/sly/crafty/scheming… you pick your favorite one, that’s how I perceive he comes across at the practices I’ve been at.
Also when he was screaming at CMC on the sideline. I don't recall what game. He seems to be a diva.

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Get a huge cash settlement. Donate to We Will. Get the best replacement players money can buy. Win.

I know just the lawyer...

jim-adler-get-the-hammer.gif

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Current Status and Clarifications:
  1. As of 7:25 this morning, Iowa State Compliance had not yet received the official findings report from the DCI.
    1. What is this report?
      1. The report will solidify the list of players, coaches, or assistants found in violation of a state law or regulation.
      2. The individuals included could differ from the initial list as the investigation unfolded, interviews were conducted, etc.
      3. This report will detail the extent of the violations per individual.
      4. This report should provide information regarding if charges will or will not be pursued on a case-by-case basis.
  2. Iowa State (Coaches or Compliance) have NO information on the extent of any violations or a FINAL list of individuals found to be in violation.
  3. Coaches have been barred from talking with potential subjects about any potential violations or gambling in general.
    1. If they did, they would be subject to NCAA or legal proceedings as potential witnesses or informed subjects.
    2. Furthermore, if coaches were to find out something not already known, they would be required under requirements to disclose it.
  4. Nothing is certain until the report is finalized, including the individuals.
  5. Anybody that says they know amounts bet or on what are either lying, have received it directly from the accused, or has a source in the DCI.
    1. It could not have come from any other source as of this morning.
  6. Once the DCI report is delivered...
    1. Iowa State will submit findings to the NCAA.
    2. Public disclosure may possibly occur at this point.
    3. Legal proceedings would be pursued.
    4. The NCAA will determine any infractions.
  7. It is very likely that Iowa State does not announce self-imposed or NCAA-imposed punishments for quite some time. While they could take swift, drastic actions on a case-by-case basis, that is not currently believed to be likely unless the findings are damning or cut-and-dry.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
  1. As of 7:25 this morning, Iowa State had Compliance not yet received the official findings report from the DCI.
    1. What is this report?
      1. The report will solidify the list of players, coaches, or assistance found in violation of a state law or regulation.
      2. The individuals included could differ from the initial list as the investigation unfolded, interviews were conducted, etc.
      4. This report should provide information regarding if charges will or will not be pursued on a case-by-case basis.
  2. Iowa State (Coaches or Compliance) have NO information on the extent of any violations or a FINAL list of individuals found to be in violation.
  3. Coaches have been barred from talking with potential subjects about any potential violations on the grounds.
    1. If they did, they would be subject to NCAA or legal proceedings as potential witnesses or informed subjects.
    2. Furthermore, if coaches were to find out something not already known, they would be required under requirements to disclose it.
  5. Anybody that says they know amounts bet or on what are either lying, have received it directly from the accused, or has a source in the DCI.
  7. It is very likely that Iowa State does not announce self-imposed or NCAA-imposed punishments for quite some time. While they could take swift, drastic actions on a case-by-case basis, that is not currently believed to be likely unless the findings are damning or cut-and-dry.
Look out for official reports/news on all of this tomorrow. FYI.
But this guy said we'd know tomorrow like 2 weeks ago.

btw everything should be posted in outline format from now on.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
  1. As of 7:25 this morning, Iowa State Compliance had not yet received the official findings report from the DCI.
    1. What is this report?
      1. The report will solidify the list of players, coaches, or assistance found in violation of a state law or regulation.
  3. Coaches have been barred from talking with potential subjects about any potential violations on the grounds.
I would assume that the DCI will submit their findings during fall camp or the week of the UNI game at this point.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
  1. Coaches have been barred from talking with potential subjects about any potential violations on the grounds.

What does this mean? The coaches can't talk to the suspected gamblers? How can they coach someone they can't talk to?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
What does this mean? The coaches can't talk to the suspected gamblers? How can they coach someone they can't talk to?
Sorry for not being clear (crazy busy at work but speaking with somebody on the inside, they thought clarification might ease some frustrations).

The coaches CAN talk and fully interact with the individuals on the preliminary findings Iowa State received. They just CANNOT talk about gambling, possible offenses, etc.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
    1. What is this report?

This post was #911 in the thread...seems symbolic of something, doesn't it?

In all seriousness...is there a possibility this isn't resolved by the season opener and these guys are starting? Or would they be withheld? I figured this would have all be wrapped up by now so I hadn't considered that question.

Reactions: Turn2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron