G7 Parking Lot Project Under Way

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
G6/7 is even worse the last couple years now that they've shut down the US 30 on-ramp from Dayton Ave. Now you're funneled through town and the only way on to 30 is at Duff so you're fighting the Vet Med area lot traffic too.

I haven't tried this in awhile but I wonder if it's faster to just head north then east on 13th to get to I-35.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
G6/7 is even worse the last couple years now that they've shut down the US 30 on-ramp from Dayton Ave. Now you're funneled through town and the only way on to 30 is at Duff so you're fighting the Vet Med area lot traffic too.

I haven't tried this in awhile but I wonder if it's faster to just head north then east on 13th to get to I-35.

You can get on 30 from Dayton.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

It's way easier to go north on duff to east Lincoln Way, then north on Dayton and east on 13th to I35. Honestly, I've never really had an issue leaving G7 except one or two times when there has been no one directing traffic.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Sorry, I meant the eastbound on-ramp, which to my knowledge they still close after games. They didn't close the westbound on-ramp.

Ok, I didn't know they did that. I can see why they do because that would be a mess at the stoplight forever. Best bet is to go North to 13th in my opinion. I live in West Ames so I don't have to deal with the roads pretty much after games.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Ok, I didn't know they did that. I can see why they do because that would be a mess at the stoplight forever.

Because the lane getting on 30 EB from Dayton is the same lane that exits to 35 SB. High accident potential there with postgame traffic.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
The worst is when they allow the a b c and d lots to head east on the road that goes in front of g6/7. It shuts the lots exit down and makes it a two hour process to leave. They allow it the first game and then enough people complain and fix it for the rest.

Agree. Traffic eastbound should just be blocked off entirely until you get to the G6/7 exit. Just the pedestrians this year will be so much greater in numbers, it is going to be ridiculous if they do not develop a strategy for traffic control as opposed to just telling those kids to "do the best you can." Also, they need to be consistent about having two lanes of exit traffic from G6/7. Sometimes whoever is directing traffic there just funnels everyone into the right lane and so the left lane is completely useless since obviously no one is trying to get in.

titleist

Dec 31, 2008
Ames
Might as well connect a second exit south from G6/G7 to the Ved med lot over Worrell Creek.