G7 Parking Lot Project Under Way

cycoticfan

Dec 14, 2008
Johnston IA
Was in Ames Saturday and was amazed to see the G6/G7 replacement project underway. Right up from along University. This is going to be a huge upgrade with RV pads (both electric and not) and a sky bridge over University. I didn't realize it was going to stretch from So 4th to 16th. I can't wait until next year but the walk from the current G7 to the stadium could be treacherous. Hope they make a road .

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Was in Ames Saturday and was amazed to see the G6/G7 replacement project underway. Right up from along University. This is going to be a huge upgrade with RV pads (both electric and not) and a sky bridge over University. I didn't realize it was going to stretch from So 4th to 16th. I can't wait until next year but the walk from the current G7 to the stadium could be treacherous. Hope they make a road .

I'll have what you're drinking.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

It looks like it is even going to have a fishing pond on the south end! jimlad.png

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
If they scrapped the planned project, that really sucks. That was going to be a great, needed enhancement. Was it announced that they changed plans?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I park in G7 and just got an email telling me I wouldn't be able to walk across the intamural fields anymore due to the construction and we will have to walk up to 4th st to cross.:(

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah this year is going to suck. Everyone walking into the lots after the game by that one alley while G6 and G7 are trying to leave will delay departure quite a bit. I'm expecting quite the cluster.

The worst is when they allow the a b c and d lots to head east on the road that goes in front of g6/7. It shuts the lots exit down and makes it a two hour process to leave. They allow it the first game and then enough people complain and fix it for the rest.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah this year is going to suck. Everyone walking into the lots after the game by that one alley while G6 and G7 are trying to leave will delay departure quite a bit. I'm expecting quite the cluster.
I usually either sprint out to the vehicle and get the hell out of there before the crowd arrives or chill in the lot for a few hours, so my plans wont change much. Getting in and out of G7 has always sucked.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I usually either sprint out to the vehicle and get the hell out of there before the crowd arrives or chill in the lot for a few hours, so my plans wont change much. Getting in and out of G7 has always sucked.

Gotta love the late games if you are in the back of the lot and get the free car wash or shower from the golf course sprinklers coming on and blasting into the lot.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The worst is when they allow the a b c and d lots to head east on the road that goes in front of g6/7. It shuts the lots exit down and makes it a two hour process to leave. They allow it the first game and then enough people complain and fix it for the rest.

The Alamo Bowl had traffic management down well.

You're in this lot? You go this way.

You were in that lot? Great, you go the other way.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron