FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Hawkeyes still use printed tickets last I saw
They do not. Everything has been digital there too since pre-COVID.

However, if you think the scanners in Ames are bad, hoo boy. Took at least 30 seconds per ticket to get into a volleyball match last fall. BRUTAL.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
When I transferred my parking pass to my Apple wallet, it still showed a QR code. Is this how it should appear?
I tried the parking pass (for this Friday volleyball) and that's what shows. Then tried a VB match ticket itself and it does not. Mine also did the "must use facial recognition" thing that someone else mentioned earlier, but it didn't ask me for it and didn't try to scan. Not sure what's up with that, but I seem to have the ticket in the Cyclone app and in the Apple wallet. If no line, I'll probably try the wallet "hold near reader" option first.

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
For those concerned about this, Try the following that may help ease any anxiety.

1. Go to your Cyclones App and access a ticket for any game
  2. Hit view Barcode - this will display the Live Tix barcode that will refresh a different unique barcode
  3. Switch your phone to airplane mode(turning off all data connections)
  4. Go back to Cyclones App and watch the barcode refresh as many times as you need in order to feel better about this working with no data connection

This is essentially the same functionality the Wallet (Apple or Google) will use except you can't visually see it happening with the NFC technology.
Didn't work for me. In between step 2 and 3 I actually closed the app. It doesn't load well at all with no internet.

Screenshot_20230823_090125_Iowa State Cyclones.jpg

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
The site was down most of the morning so maybe they are still having issues
Well I loaded the tickets fine. Viewed barcode fine. Added to Google Wallet fine. Then did the airplane mode and it didn't work. Which by nature of saying it doesn't need internet would also mean it doesn't need anything on ticketmaster working because it's not connecting to it with no internet.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Well, this sucks. We were able to print out our tickets the last 2 seasons on paper even though it said you could only use mobile tickets. Doesn't look I can do it now. Very frustrating. The paper tickets worked a lot better than the phone tickets.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
For those of you who didn't read the original email the AD sent out you won't need a bar code once you add the tickets to your google or apple wallet. This is from the email...

Also, Apple Wallet and Google Wallet tickets will not have a barcode- you will simply tap your phone on the scanning device at the stadium entrance.

Reactions: thisISnextyear

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Also, I too received the facial recognition message but I just clicked OK and everything moved to my wallet just fine.

CY74

Oct 27, 2019
For those of you who didn't read the original email the AD sent out you won't need a bar code once you add the tickets to your google or apple wallet. This is from the email...

Also, Apple Wallet and Google Wallet tickets will not have a barcode- you will simply tap your phone on the scanning device at the stadium entrance.
Ok, I understand that the game tickets will not have a barcode once transferred to a wallet. Nowhere have I seen anything that states that the parking pass will or will not have a barcode or QR code once in the wallet. So, I’m still confused about the parking passes. My parking pass has a QR code visible after I transferred to my wallet.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Ok, I understand that the game tickets will not have a barcode once transferred to a wallet. Nowhere have I seen anything that states that the parking pass will or will not have a barcode or QR code once in the wallet. So, I’m still confused about the parking passes. My parking pass has a QR code visible after I transferred to my wallet.

My parking pass shows a QR code when I moved it to the wallet.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Ok, thanks. So it appears they are different from the game tickets, and may not be “live”.

My parking pass shows as a "live" ticket in my cyclones account but not in my wallet. I imagine that the parking pass are just a simple QR code.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My parking pass shows as a "live" ticket in my cyclones account but not in my wallet. I imagine that the parking pass are just a simple QR code.
Also, I wonder if Ticketmaster sells the parking passes or ISU/Athletics does?

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Maybe the new parking lots will at least have improved 5G cell service?

View attachment 115982
I think they put up a tower every football season, for show:) Also, this is the first line from an email reminding people to add the parking pass and tickets to their digital wallet: Don't let poor cell service delay your entry to MidAmerican Energy Field at Jack Trice Stadium.
Pretty telling if you ask me, and I know you didn't.