Full set of Taylor Made R9's from Amazon for $112.50!!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
It's only an issue if they bait the price, get you to order, switch it and then HOLD YOU TO THE ORDER.

I'm looking at you Dell.... :realmad:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
At the end of the day... The biggest complaint these customer's had was the fact that their order was cancelled and there was no explanation given. Obviously an error occurred but Amazon should have notified them of the error and that unless they wanted to pay the newly listed price that their order would be cancelled. I am surprised that Amazon and TGW didn't offer a discount of some kind to these people though. Obviously they are taking a hit on the deal but they had a great opportunity of taking these customers and making them lifelong customers by taking care of them in some way or another. Instead they went the other route and now have taken all of these potential customers and turned them into people that will never be customers. That is just bad business.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
It's become the good ol American way. Try and get something for nothing, and when you don't, ***** about it. I would be willing to bet most of the people ordering them were just doing it to turn a quick buck. There is probably less then 5% of the golfing population that should be playing those clubs.

It was a major mistake and I'm glad they didn't honor the cheaters trying to get (steal) them.
I bet you love pawn shops.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
This is fairly common. If you ever get on Fatwallet.com or Slickdeals.net you'll see the same "outrage" by people who think they're entitled to the mistake. I've signed up for a ton of those but have never received any but it's always fun to try. Sometimes you get a coupon or something...sometimes not.

And yes this is covered in the generic terms of service most websites have that you've probably clicked you've read.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Instead they went the other route and now have taken all of these potential customers and turned them into people that will never be customers. That is just bad business.
That's not always bad business. If you're high end in something (or see yourself as high end), you don't want everyone having your product. It's a privilege. You may alienate your clientele by having a cheaper alternative if your clientele views your product as valuable.
I've signed up for a ton of those but have never received any but it's always fun to try.
This is how I got MLB.tv for $20 this year. :yes:

CloneBack

Apr 17, 2007
West Des Moines
The kicker is that the transaction is 'processing' via my online bank statement. I haven't had access to the money that was reserved for payment for two days.

I guess Amazon got the last laugh. =)

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
Well you sound pretty stupid for saying that, makes no sense whatsoever. Sounds more like your panties are in a bunch because you didn't see the deal too.

Nope, I wouldn't try to buy $1000 set of clubs for just over $100 in the first place. My first concern would be that they were either fake, stolen, or it was a mistake. Maybe I sound stupid, but I was taught growing up that nothing is free, and if something sounds to good, it probably is.

I have no problem with people trying to get them. I have a problem with people ******** about it when it didn't happen, and it was clearly a mistake. But nevermind the copy writer, buyer, or poor person that made the mistake. It's ok for them to possibly get fired over a key entry as long as the American Public is satisfied with getting product at any price!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think you might have a complaint if you received the clubs at the $112 price and then "corrected" the charge to the actual $1000+ price, but since it's stated in the fine print that Amazon reserves the right to cancel an order if an incorrect listed price is significantly less than the actual price, there's not much to complain about. Yeah, it sucks that you're not getting some awesome clubs at a ridiculous price, but the old adage applies - "If it's too good to be true..."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron