Friday OT - Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip, mum mum mum mum mum

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Retired Postal carrier/union president of 37 years. Retired now but have a farm near Lake Rathbun and am currently a government farmer (CRP).

Reactions: JEFF420

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
This has been one of the cooler Friday OTs, interesting to see what people do.

I think there should be another Friday OT at some point about "Worst Job You've Ever Had".
Agree. I'd also like to see one about "Side hustles". Things people are doing to bring in a little extra cash. Could even include hobbies/crafts/skills people do on the side that maybe don't do much more than break even, etc..

Reactions: Angie

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Recovering from the nuclear power industry - spent a few years doing core reload and accident analysis work at the plant that used to be just north of Omaha (Fort Calhoun - and that "used to be" has a lot to do with why I'm not there anymore). Bounced around contracting for other plants for a few years after that (mostly Wolf Creek in Kansas).

Now I work for one of the national labs, serving the national interest (insert as much sarcasm here as you find appropriate :p)

• Informative
Reactions: Angie and NWICY

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Agree. I'd also like to see one about "Side hustles". Things people are doing to bring in a little extra cash. Could even include hobbies/crafts/skills people do on the side that maybe don't do much more than break even, etc..
If you or Gonzo wouldn’t mind messaging me these ideas and the worst jobs one so I can keep track of it, I can queue it up!

Reactions: NWICY and madguy30

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Recovering from the nuclear power industry - spent a few years doing core reload and accident analysis work at the plant that used to be just north of Omaha (Fort Calhoun - and that "used to be" has a lot to do with why I'm not there anymore). Bounced around contracting for other plants for a few years after that (mostly Wolf Creek in Kansas).

Now I work for one of the national labs, serving the national interest (insert as much sarcasm here as you find appropriate :p)
Sandia?
Helping maintain our nukes?

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
I’m an attorney, after a three-year stint as a high school teacher.

I do a mix of estate planning, municipal, and business law.

Reactions: Angie

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I make drugs. Pretty much always have.

More specifically I work on the development of large scale processes to synthesize new active ingredients and put them into dosage forms (tablets, capsules, vials, suppositories, etc.)