Friday OT - Red Meat

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Okay, it doesn't actually have to be red meat. What is your favorite meat dish? Steak, chicken parmesan, pork chops and applesauce, barbecued pork, etc., etc.

I usually eat mostly chicken, but when I'm pregnant I want red meat. I mostly crave steaks and gyros.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I consider BBQ ribs to be the ultimate in carnivorous activity. The raw brutality of eating meat directly off the bone is it. Close second: Prime rib.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Can't choose just one, and it really depends the quality of the starting meat and how and who is doing the cooking.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Can't choose just one, and it really depends the quality of the starting meat and how and who is doing the cooking.

Let's say it's the best of whatever kind of meat you want, and it's whatever method/cook you choose. You want a certified grillmaster, so be it. Ideal world scenario here.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Eat what you need sister, you've got work to do. I should eat more red meat. Wife has all but turned me into vegetarian. Improved all my vital numbers so can't complain.

Reactions: Angie

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Rib-eye with sauteed onions on top. Second would be a brat. Then anything bar-b-q'ed. Anymore, though, we eat more chicken and turkey than red meat.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Prime Rib, I just can't get enough, its to the point where I will make restaurant choices based on the quality of prime rib they have.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Beef Tenderloin cooked to about 128 degrees, with a layer of crusted Maytag Blu Cheese on top. With the whole thing sitting on a red wine reduction.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Let's say it's the best of whatever kind of meat you want, and it's whatever method/cook you choose. You want a certified grillmaster, so be it. Ideal world scenario here.

Rib eye

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Gotta go with brisket and burnt ends. The best brisket that I have had was from Smokey D's.

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
I think everyone who answers "steak" should be dis-qualified. That is almost equivalent to answering your favorite kind of meat is "ribs". Both answers are way too generic. Example: the difference between a rib-eye and a T-bone. The difference between pork ribs and beef ribs. Both are completely different types of meat yet both fulfill the answer of "steak" and "ribs". Then pour on your favorite type of secondary seasoning (if you like that sort of thing) and you see the difference between pork ribs at Outback vs. pork ribs at Applebees which are completely different meals.

So this is a fine question and a hard one to answer. But I'll try:

I like a home-grilled T-bone with Cookies Savory Seasoning mix on it, tenderized nicely and allowed to sit for at least 2 hours with the seasoning mix prior to grilling to medium perfection with a hint of red.