Friday OT #2 - Show Me That Smile Again

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'm too lazy to decorate for holidays (it looks like we're the only ones on our street who feel that way, oops) and I wasn't planning on carving a pumpkin this year but this has got me thinking about getting one tomorrow. So here's my compilation of pumpkin carvings from previous years (I seem to do one about every other year). Can't remember what made me divert from the trend one year.
View attachment 77211

I was in the middle of carving the tornado last year on Halloween when I got a tornado warning on my phone for our area!

I have no artistic skill, so I am a little jealous of those who do. However, I really like the Super Mario Boo pumpkin!

When I was at school, someone I knew worked at the dinning center; which I guess they had, or still do, a pumpkin carving competition for those who work there. She carved a big pumpkin so that it was eating a smaller pumpkin. The smaller pumpkin of course had a surprise/ oh no face to it; while the bigger pumpkin had a nick big grin. I thought that was really cool I know she placed, but not sure where she placed in the competition. I want to say it was either 2006-2007 or 2007-2008 school year.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
I have no artistic skill, so I am a little jealous of those who do. However, I really like the Super Mario Boo pumpkin!

When I was at school, someone I knew worked at the dinning center; which I guess they had, or still do, a pumpkin carving competition for those who work there. She carved a big pumpkin so that it was eating a smaller pumpkin. The smaller pumpkin of course had a surprise/ oh no face to it; while the bigger pumpkin had a nick big grin. I thought that was really cool I know she placed, but not sure where she placed in the competition. I want to say it was either 2006-2007 or 2007-2008 school year.
Thank you! But I definitely don't claim to have much artistic ability! For all of these I either printed the image or traced it onto paper from the laptop screen and then used the little dotter tool to create the outline on the pumpkin. Then it's just patience cutting all the little sections out.

Reactions: NWICY and Angie

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Thank you! But I definitely don't claim to have much artistic ability! For all of these I either printed the image or traced it onto paper from the laptop screen and then used the little dotter tool to create the outline on the pumpkin. Then it's just patience cutting all the little sections out.

You should have gone with being an artist and ran with it. :)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I started singing the "Growing Pains" theme when I saw the title of this thread.

We had good intentions of getting pumpkins this year to carve (I love roasted pumpkin seeds), but ... the fall got away from us. There's always next year!

I can't get it out of my head, and I only have myself to blame!

I love that theme song and I enjoyed the way they showed every actor in the Seaver family's pictures from baby to their current age.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
I'm too lazy to decorate for holidays (it looks like we're the only ones on our street who feel that way, oops) and I wasn't planning on carving a pumpkin this year but this has got me thinking about getting one tomorrow. So here's my compilation of pumpkin carvings from previous years (I seem to do one about every other year). Can't remember what made me divert from the trend one year.
View attachment 77211

I was in the middle of carving the tornado last year on Halloween when I got a tornado warning on my phone for our area!
Carved after the win so I went with something easy!
20201031_181030a.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron