Friday OT #2 - Dystextia

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So I will go and play trivia with friends every once and a while and I'll text my wife and see if she cares if I go. For some reason, my phone will often times switch "trivia" to "Tricia", which just so happens to be my secretary's name. So a handful of times I've sent the text to my wife "Do I care if I do Tricia tonight." Whoops.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This is your brain on drugs:

I.m good ing to fill you in and let you tell Kat Hope you can read this...very lo energy. Tried to pass one stone. Cat scan is d it was a little one but then fond a bunch more in kidney.Blocking drainagc. doc was worried about sepsis. he was right admitt d me. Started max antibiotics then took me to surgery n put a stent past everything to drain the money keep the nasties out of my bloodstream. Not entierly so ccessful but the m get tying Strong r now. Developed a big of pneumonia in my left lung tho. More fun. Staying here till tomorrow for sure. Sleeping most of the time

I was texting my sister, and asking her to fill in the other sister. For the life of me I will never figure out how I could spell antibiotics and pneumonia correctly and hash up everything else!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
OK @Angie, this is for you (apologies for the f-bomb, hope I don't get banned):
angus-jason.jpg

Couldn't help it, had to post it.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

I.m good ing to fill you in and let you tell Kat Hope you can read this...very lo energy. Tried to pass one stone. Cat scan is d it was a little one but then fond a bunch more in kidney.Blocking drainagc. doc was worried about sepsis. he was right admitt d me. Started max antibiotics then took me to surgery n put a stent past everything to drain the money keep the nasties out of my bloodstream. Not entierly so ccessful but the m get tying Strong r now. Developed a big of pneumonia in my left lung tho. More fun. Staying here till tomorrow for sure. Sleeping most of the time

I was texting my sister, and asking her to fill in the other sister. For the life of me I will never figure out how I could spell antibiotics and pneumonia correctly and hash up everything else!

What the HELL were you on? Black Velvet?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
OK @Angie, this is for you (apologies for the f-bomb, hope I don't get banned):
angus-jason.jpg

Couldn't help it, had to post it.

This made me laugh. Similarly, our daughter's name just BLOWS SIRI AWAY. It is constantly wrong in speech-to-text, and it gets autocorrected every time!

Reactions: SCyclone

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I LOVE this. And it just made me think of a topic for next week - best "on pain meds" stories. I've got one from my recent surgery!

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
This made me laugh. Similarly, our daughter's name just BLOWS SIRI AWAY. It is constantly wrong in speech-to-text, and it gets autocorrected every time!

Same with my dog. His name is Morley. That gay British guy on my I Phone keeps changing it to Marley. Last time I very clearly said "Mor-ley" Later I looked and it was spelled 'more Lee' in the text sent. Sigh.

Reactions: cyclones500

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Same with my dog. His name is Morley. That gay British guy on my I Phone keeps changing it to Marley. Last time I very clearly said "Mor-ley" Later I looked and it was spelled 'more Lee' in the text sent. Sigh.

I feel sometimes like my phone is being sarcastic w/me.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
So does auto-correct only go to words you've typed in the past? Asking for a friend.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Thanks to @cyclones500 (as I say so often!) for another great thread idea!

Texting. Even my 80-year-old grandmother does it. What are some of your fumblings? What have you texted to the wrong person on accident, and what has happened? What's your best autocorrect story?

My story isn't great, just silly. Voice-to-text was a new thing (so the technology was even less exact), and I was hugely pregnant and on bedrest with our daughter. My husband had to run in to work, and so I was lying out in the car waiting for him. He texted me to see how I was doing - I was very uncomfortable, and so I did voice-to-text to tell him that I was in a lot of pain... but my phone changed it to "I'm in a lot of cheese." I had no idea why he questioned what I had sent.

I win this hands down. But I can't even say what I texted because it was so bad. I was chatting with someone that I had been chatting with and it was getting overly sexual and when I left the room to go check on dinner I came back and sent an extremely detailed text and hit send and didn't realize that in the time i went to the kitchen my mom had texted me so when I hit reply and send it was to her since she was the last person that texted me. I was absolutely mortified. If you only knew what I said. So bad.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I win this hands down. But I can't even say what I texted because it was so bad. I was chatting with someone that I had been chatting with and it was getting overly sexual and when I left the room to go check on dinner I came back and sent an extremely detailed text and hit send and didn't realize that in the time i went to the kitchen my mom had texted me so when I hit reply and send it was to her since she was the last person that texted me. I was absolutely mortified. If you only knew what I said. So bad.

I bet your mom was as cool with it as any mom possibly could be... but there's only so much any mother can take about details!

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I was on a first date in the early evening once, and afterwards I meant to text a friend and said "thank god that is over, I forgot the ISU game was on TV tonight." I sent it to her instead. Felt pretty bad about that one.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie and MeanDean