Friday OT #2 - And We Will Never Be Loyals

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
This is a new style of thread. @MeanDean came up with it, and (I hope it's okay, Dean) - I'm putting a little extra spin on his idea.

I post the thread title, as above. First person to guess what the actual thread topic was gets to come up with a new title, from which we all have to guess the actual topic. Rinse and repeat.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Alternate song titles?

Nah, I just tend to use song titles/lyrics a lot in thread titles. :) Mostly because I'm lazy and know a lot of songs.

No idea, but now I have "royals" stuck in my head, so thanks for that, Angie.

And I don't know...times when you left a sporting event early and it came back to bite you?

You're welcome! :D

No - but you're heading in the right direction. What other applications of the word "loyal"?

....This one is a little esoteric, so I can give more hints.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
People you would never be friends with?

Not loyalty to people or animals. (I'm grateful to MeanDean for the topic idea, too - I just came up with the silly title.)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Gotta be a place you won't go to for some reason or other. Crappy customer service, don't believe in something they stand for, etc.

That's not quite it, but the unintended/unexpected consequence of this thread is that now I have a crap-ton of ideas for future OT threads. Including this one from you.

• Funny
Reactions: WooBadger18

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Nah, I just tend to use song titles/lyrics a lot in thread titles. :) Mostly because I'm lazy and know a lot of songs.

You're welcome! :D

No - but you're heading in the right direction. What other applications of the word "loyal"?

....This one is a little esoteric, so I can give more hints.
Can you give a hint to what esoteric means? :oops:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I thought for sure this thread was a reference to this song.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Car brands?

Soooooo close!

Can you give a hint to what esoteric means? :oops:

LOL. Esoteric is actually an esoteric word. :) Sort of something that would only be known to a few people, because it's really specific.

Are there any brand names that you are loyal to or refuse to use?

WINNER! Your turn to come up with a threat title and we guess the topic. Thanks to MeanDean both for the idea for the game AND the topic!