Fraschilla vs KU

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'd say that like many people, Fran roots for and favors the underdog. KU is never the underdog. Fran started covering the Big 12 in 2005, the first year of KU's streak. KU winning is all he's seen as an announcer. I'm sure he'd prefer to see a different ending than the one he's seen over and over.

KU's streak ending would probably be good for the health of the Big 12. I'm certainly not going to root for it to happen but there will be a silver lining when it does.

I can only imagine how many excuses you are going to make when the streak ends. We're still hearing about a good no call from the Villanova game a year later

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
I can only imagine how many excuses you are going to make when the streak ends.

I could come with up with all kinds of excuses for why the streak ended but it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the number of excuses ISU fans have come up with for why the streak exists.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I could come with up with all kinds of excuses for why the streak ended but it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the number of excuses ISU fans have come up with for why the streak exists.

Well yeah the streak only exists because of the Weatherwax massacre that was terrible. That's not an opinion that's a fact

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
And same attitude of smug entitlement and dripping condescension. Kansas fans are the worst. Except Hawkeye fans.
Disagree. KU fans fancy their university as some elite academic institution. It's not. It's a very good school but not better than ISU. UI, with a similar profile to KU is a much better school.

That said, KU fans all have bball PhDs. Just ask them.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
Well yeah the streak only exists because of the Weatherwax massacre that was terrible. That's not an opinion that's a fact

LOL, that's not factual. The fact is that KU and KSU each won 14 conference games that year.

See, excuses.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Disagree. KU fans fancy their university as some elite academic institution. It's not. It's a very good school but not better than ISU. UI, with a similar profile to KU is a much better school.

I think we have to agree to disagree. Iowa fans aren't smug about their school; in fact, many of them have a disconnect between the school and the sports teams. They are smug about their teams and just don't have much of anything to back it up. KU basketball has at least won some national championships.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfamily

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I think we have to agree to disagree. Iowa fans aren't smug about their school; in fact, many of them have a disconnect between the school and the sports teams. They are smug about their teams and just don't have much of anything to back it up. KU basketball has at least won some national championships.
We certainly can agree to disagree...and I would submit that they're both tremendous ***holes in their own way.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
Haven't done this in awhile so I should point out that there have been multiple occasions during the streak when KU shared the title: OU in 2005, UT in 2006 and 2008, and KSU in 2013 (year of Weatherwax).

• Funny
Reactions: randomfan44

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

It's not a fact, it's an opinion. Who is to say that if KU drops that game at ISU that the change in the standings doesn't make them approach their game at Baylor with a little more focus and win it instead of losing it?

You can't change one thing in the past, assume that everything else after that change would have happened identically and then call your assumption "fact". It's simply not the case.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bigman38

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des

No need to ask. It's usually the first thing they talk about.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'd say that like many people, Fran roots for and favors the underdog. KU is never the underdog. Fran started covering the Big 12 in 2005, the first year of KU's streak. KU winning is all he's seen as an announcer. I'm sure he'd prefer to see a different ending than the one he's seen over and over.

KU's streak ending would probably be good for the health of the Big 12. I'm certainly not going to root for it to happen but there will be a silver lining when it does.
I suspect what I would think of as the silver lining would not be the same as your interpretation.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Having lived in Chicago and LA for the past 16 years and growing up in Iowa I get endless entertainment from KU fans who think Lawrence is the NYC of the midwest yet Iowa is some empty wasteland. Better yet those who mock Iowa for being a rural state while Kansas is even more rural and sparsely populated. Trust me, people in major cities will see absolutely no difference between Ames and Lawrence, but keep bashing away because it's hilarious.