Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
When calling everyone, you've never met, that you disagree with on the internet racist. Do you ever find that it cheapens that accusation at all, and really the term racist itself, when throwing it around as liberally as you do?
I didn’t call you a racist, I said you have no problem with racists, as your continued support of Kirk demonstrates your defensiveness gives me pause though.

Are you going to answer? I understand why you have to sea lion here, it’s a terrible look for your

Do people normally support people, with financial resources, they find unacceptable?

Doug Piranha

Oct 13, 2021
I didn’t call you a racist, I said you have no problem with racists, as your continued support of Kirk demonstrates your defensiveness gives me pause though.

Are you going to answer? I understand why you have to sea lion here, it’s a terrible look for your

Do people normally support people, with financial resources, they find unacceptable?
Right after you point out where I "Literally" said that I didn't care that the coaches were racist. Please provide a link or a quote of me "Literally" saying that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You can get sued for libel for saying something about an anonymous person? How does that work?
No idea. I was just pointing out that something printed is libel, spoken is slander. No idea about those things.

If you can do what you asked, I have an Iowa poster that posts that I’m a pedo I keep getting told by people. There would be an easy one if what you asked is possible.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No idea. I was just pointing out that something printed is libel, spoken is slander. No idea about those things.

If you can do what you asked, I have an Iowa poster that posts that I’m a pedo I keep getting told by people. There would be an easy one if what you asked is possible.
I mean technically I believe you can get sued for like anything it'd be just up to the judge? to determine whether it was necessary or not. I just don't see how anything like that would go through considering you were saying something about someone you don't know any information about and the only "reputation" you'd be hurting is the alias they use on that message board.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I mean technically I believe you can get sued for like anything it'd be just up to the judge? to determine whether it was necessary or not. I just don't see how anything like that would go through considering you were saying something about someone you don't know any information about and the only "reputation" you'd be hurting is the alias they use on that message board.
Agree. The only way would be if somehow your name was known as to who you were. For people who have been around message boards for a long time, they know who I am and I haven’t hid from it. Had to post emails and phone numbers to coordinate things in the past. If those links can be shown (which mine probably could be) then it’s possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Got me on semantics. Would technically be Libel, point remains the same.

"Libel refers to specific facts that can be proved untrue. A true statement that damages someone's reputation is not libel. (Although it might be invasion of privacy.) Libel laws are meant to monetarily compensate people for damage to their reputations–not to punish people who make false statements." (see link below)

In other words, you have to prove how your reputation was damaged by the response to your statement. In my considered opinion, your own statement is actually what is damaging your reputation.

Maybe you could sue yourself and see how that goes.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
"Libel refers to specific facts that can be proved untrue. A true statement that damages someone's reputation is not libel. (Although it might be invasion of privacy.) Libel laws are meant to monetarily compensate people for damage to their reputations–not to punish people who make false statements." (see link below)

In other words, you have to prove how your reputation was damaged by the response to your statement. In my considered opinion, your own statement is actually what is damaging your reputation.

Maybe you could sue yourself and see how that goes.

What kind of reputation does Douggie have?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron