Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I agree with this too. I think Fran has done an OK job of getting Iowa respectable again, but he has proven that he can't take the next step and it seems like recruiting has even gotten worse, which is hard to believe. I would rather take a step back at least trying a different coach at this point than continue running out the same ole same ole every year at this point.
As long as he consistently goes to tournament I favor keeping him. We can't be too proud after the Lick and Alford years to turn our noses at 23-25 win seasons with an NCAA berth. He however hasn't had high enough highs that he can justify taking a stepback. He needs to either keep making tournament even if it's a painful exit or do something meaningful in tournament to have long term job security

Reactions: Ankency

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
As long as he consistently goes to tournament I favor keeping him. We can't be too proud after the Lick and Alford years to turn our noses at 23-25 win seasons with an NCAA berth. He however hasn't had high enough highs that he can justify taking a stepback. He needs to either keep making tournament even if it's a painful exit or do something meaningful in tournament to have long term job security
Umm he does have long term job security…

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Franny has no chance here. Iowa may have contacted Brooks, but he probably hung up immediately.
Keion's Mom: Keion, Fran is on the phone.

Keion: Great...Hello Fran, good to hear from you!

Fran: Hi, Keion, we are anxious to bring you out to Iowa City so you can see what Iowa basketball has to offer.

<Silence>

Fran: Hello?

Keion: This isn't Fran Fraschilla, is it.

<Click>

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I disagree. At some point you have to roll the dice and see if someone can do better. Even if it's a step back at first. Status quo and complacency will kill a fan base.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Look at the body language on "Big Spreadable Cream Cheese", there. That's a guy who you can count on for double digit points and rebounds next year.
Since Fran was "White Magic" and Ogundele is Big Jelly, shouldn't Conner be "White Bread" as in bred by White Magic? Those world reknown entry passes from White Bread to Big Jelly is spreading the jam in CHA.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I disagree. At some point you have to roll the dice and see if someone can do better. Even if it's a step back at first. Status quo and complacency will kill a fan base.
Idk I just hated the Lick years so much. You just stop caring and it's miserable in Iowa in February as you know.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Since Fran was "White Magic" and Ogundele is Big Jelly, shouldn't Conner be "White Bread" as in bred by White Magic? Those world reknown entry passes from White Bread to Big Jelly is spreading the jam in CHA.
I refuse to call Ogundele by the same nickname more than once. I've got a backpack full of new names ready to go.

Big Mashed Avocado
Big Whipped Goat cheese
Big Cookie Butter

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron