Fox Sports in hot water over Utah/Colorado video

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
So this means ISU will move Saturday's game to ESPN so that I will be able to watch it? :jimlad:

But seriously, that video wasn't funny at all. Just sad. I suppose his next great idea for a video is to visit Hampton in a pointy white hat?

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
That was hilarious!

If you spent any time in engineering/business classes at ISU you would agree.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
In all fairness...There are a lot of ethnic diversity at USC. I have a few friends that went there and they said they were definitely a minority in many of their classes.

CloneCone21

Mar 11, 2009
Ames
I feel like it's not a coincidence that USC has a lot of kids that don't follow football and USC happens to be one of the most prestigious universities in the US. Poking fun at that is ridiculous.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Wow, believe it or not, but people go to college for reasons other than to go to football games and follow conference realignment… Let alone people that may not be from America.

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
Wait Fox News is racist?

Seriously **** like this pisses me off. My roomate was from China and instead of making fun of him all the time and excluding him from American culture, I showed him what things are like here. He's a really nice kid. I even met some his other chinese friends. Really pisses me off when people poke fun at asians that hardly speak english on campus.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
wow apparently a lot of fuss can be made over a few jokes

i believe it was john mckay, head coach of USC with the quote b4 their big rivalry game vs UCLA, "Remember guys, no matter what happens here today, there's 800 million chinese that don't give a damn!"

pretty coincidental isn't it?? Lol

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I have spent time at both UCLA and USC and can honestly say that it would be somewhat hard to find white people to interview. That being said they surely could have found some but if I am correct this didnt air on fox sports but another channel so I dont see how its a big deal. People that speak English in a funny way are funny sooooo what. If they were germans it would have been the same thing and no one would have cared.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Wow, believe it or not, but people go to college for reasons other than to go to football games and follow conference realignment… Let alone people that may not be from America.

Despite the fact that this piece is slightly racist in it's presentation, I think that's another point it was exactly trying to make. Lost in all this realignment business is the people who go to these schools for academics, and academics only. Even at one of the most prestigious football schools in the country people were clueless as to what was going on with the whole conference realignment crap. I found that kind of refreshing. But otherwise it was in poor taste.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
wow apparently a lot of fuss can be made over a few jokes

i believe it was john mckay, head coach of USC with the quote b4 their big rivalry game vs UCLA, "Remember guys, no matter what happens here today, there's 800 million chinese that don't give a damn!"

pretty coincidental isn't it?? Lol

No kidding.

I bet if they had singled out a bunch of stereotypical southern California dumb blond bimbos who don't know anything about sports and made them look stupid that there wouldn't have been any outcry at all and they wouldn't have pulled the video down.

But hey, that would be making fun of a group of white people who fall into a stereotype, so it would be all good. Can't be perceived to make fun of a group of another race, because you'd obviously be a racist.