Former Texas HC, now assaulter, fired

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
I must say the new thread title is a poor choice. You can't be "former HC" until you're fired, so the former preceding the latter doesn't make sense. Also, the act of UT firing him does not convict him of the crime. I have little doubt events transpired more closely aligned to the police report than to the victim's recantation. However, no verdict has been rendered yet.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I'll take the under on that. Hell, Dave Bliss covered up a murder and was coaching again in 2 years.
Feel like the time we're living with social media and 24/7 news is both making something like that harder and easier.

Harder because everyone is aware of it, easier because with so much news, if you time things right, it can get lost in the shuffle.

Who knows. Gross situation from every angle.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I bet they caught him in a lie
The initial police reports sounded pretty bad and girlfriends later statements just sounded self-serving to preserve her relationship with Beard or she got paid.

That or prior instances of domestic abuse came out. Maybe ex-wife or ex-girlfriend reached out to UT about other acts of violence.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Because a D1 school will hire him. Hate that its true but there's 363 of them and more come every year. Someone will do it
I agree. But Texas burned him in their statement by saying he didn't understand the seriousness of what he did.

IMO that means if he is going to be considered for another P5/G5 coaching job he is going to have to come clean on what happened and undergo some kind of counselling.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I got you
"I got you, I got you, I got you..."
mwbwoSE.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The initial police reports sounded pretty bad and girlfriends later statements just sounded self-serving to preserve her relationship with Beard or she got paid.

That or prior instances of domestic abuse came out. Maybe ex-wife or ex-girlfriend reached out to UT about other acts of violence.
The injuries observed by officers in their report are sufficient for UT to can him

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Abusing a woman...an alleged "loved one" to that...pretty tough to forgive or forget that one! What minor/smaller school will want that PR battle? Agree though...it seems like those who are successful often get chances that they shouldn't have been given!
I get it, but some dudes who have no business being in college athletics are still here. DJ Durkin killed a player and is the DC at Texas A&M now. Billy Gillespie abused players and is coaching Tarleton. Art Briles was a contender for the Liberty job if Freeze bolted last year.

Someone will see Chris Beard's national title appearance and take him

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
This stuff the last couple of years has always struck me as a strange thing to garner headlines. I mean…enough for him to actively participate/promote in the media. Maybe more to it?

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I agree. But Texas burned him in their statement by saying he didn't understand the seriousness of what he did.

IMO that means if he is going to be considered for another P5/G5 coaching job he is going to have to come clean on what happened and undergo some kind of counselling.
Michael Vick came back. There's always room if you have talent and show contrition. The latter is probably most important

• Agree
Reactions: wintersmd and NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron