Footballoffice/locker facilities

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This is the idea I like the most. A multi story facility in place of this would be great.

I'm guessing the cost, time, and displacement of all the activities would be too much.

Yeah, this would be the best option. I don't know how much more it would cost just bulldozing that building, but it would put everything in one place and they could have everything they want. Displacement would be the key. The players basically work out year round. They'd have to find some place to move all the weightroom equipment on campus plus have their whirlpools and stuff there too. It would be a massive inconvenience, but it could be worth it if the cost isn't too much higher.

I have a feeling, though, that they looked into it and decided they'd get more bang for their buck building in 85W. Just looking at some of these across the country, they could have a top of the line building for $30M. Florida built a really nice one for $22M. And their design firm was RDG out of DM...same firm that ISU used for the IPF, Morrill Hall rennovation, the track/softball/soccer complex, the new rec center among other things. Ames also had them design their new aquatic complex.

Just my opinion, but I think that we'll continue to hear clues that this is going forward. They'll take it to the BOR in April and start construction this summer. It will be done by kickoff 2012.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron