First ISU president candidate announced

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Because two of our neighboring schools have had similar stuff go down. Heck we have had similar stuff happen. I want someone who can come in and not make headlines.

Flushing out the racists is a pretty good goal. If there is a big enough group of racists at Iowa State that they will make headlines if Iowa State hires a minority, then that is a fight that needs to happen.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Ignoring jkclone's racism, seems like this candidate is qualified (i.e. not a Bruce Harreld) so I'm interested to hear what he has to say. Looking forward to seeing the other three finalists. When Leath was hired, he was one of only two finalists and the other is now in the head role at UMass. Bringing four to campus is a lot better.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
What is most important in this next pick for Prez is to chose someone who will do what they can to ensure this University maintains its AAU status...That...is...by far...the most important thing over next 6-7 years.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yes, because all women would be a clone of Sally Mason.

Didn't say that at all. We need to be hiring the best person for the job, I don't care if the person is 30 or 80, white, black, asian, hispanic, or any other ethnicity. Man or woman I don't give a f*ck. I want the person who wants to continue to improve ISU is all areas both academically and in athletics. Budgeting and fund raising seem to be huge issues. A person who can do that along with a clear vision on driving ISU forward is who we should be hiring.

Nice job of trying to paint with a broad brush though @jsb.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads and jkclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Didn't say that at all. We need to be hiring the best person for the job, I don't care if the person is 30 or 80, white, black, asian, hispanic, or any other ethnicity. Man or woman I don't give a f*ck. I want the person who wants to continue to improve ISU is all areas both academically and in athletics. Budgeting and fund raising seem to be huge issues. A person who can do that along with a clear vision on driving ISU forward is who we should be hiring.

Nice job of trying to paint with a broad brush though @jsb.

You're the one who said we didn't need a Sally Mason clone, in response to the idea of hiring a woman. I think you are the one trying to paint with a broad brush.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I see there is a live stream of the open forum but I wonder if there is a place to go in person? I would love to cover this for one of my classes as a news package.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
You're the one who said we didn't need a Sally Mason clone, in response to the idea of hiring a woman. I think you are the one trying to paint with a broad brush.

If your dumb enough to want Sally Mason hired at ISU, you deserve to be banned for being a dumb ass.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If your dumb enough to want Sally Mason hired at ISU, you deserve to be banned for being a dumb ass.

I never said I wanted a Sally Mason clone.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I see there is a live stream of the open forum but I wonder if there is a place to go in person? I would love to cover this for one of my classes as a news package.
Read the info on the main pressearches page. The forums are in the Great Hall or the Sun Room.

• Informative
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Saw this earlier and wasn’t thrilled. Seems more academic focused then I’d like. Obviously they are running a major university and need that background but I think that we need someone to lead with culture right now. Getting people to come together as we grow and keep effort on athletics. I also don’t think it would do anything to squash the white supremacy group.

I’m sure he is wholly qualified to run the school just don’t think it’s the right fit here.
WTF dude?

Edit: oh, this was only the start of the stupid

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Person seems qualified, I would personally prefer someone that could be with Iowa State for at least 10 years or more. He is 65.

Really need a President in this day and age that can motivate staff and marshal resources to increase research to maintain AAU status and keep grant revenue growing to absorb increasing administrative overhead.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
You guys need to grow up and take emotion out of it. I didn't say he shouldn't be hired because he isn't white. I said I think hiring him would antagonize that group and others like it. You don't have to like it and I sure as hell don't, but that is the case. I think looking to minimize potential issues is just plain common sense. Now if we are talking significant differences sure you hire this guy, but at this level fit is the most important thing. Potential issues, even if embarrassing that they might be issues, are real and ignoring them is a bad idea.

what in the hell is your point? Some ******** might be mad and try to cause trouble? Here's a thought - if a brown person as ISU President is so disturbing to them, they can take their sorry asses elsewhere. It's not like our enrollment numbers are hurting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron