First bar you went to at ISU

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Having grown up in Ames, the first bar and still one of the best was actually downtown, The Whiskey River! First bar drinking in, Cafe Beaudelaire. The equivilent of Baly or that mexican joint on Welch now. First legal bar was People's for my 21st, Tuesday Twofers. But the best place ever is, was, and always will be The Lost&Found Lounge. Odd I remember this much now, didn't remember that much then.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Does anyone remember the name of the bar (circa 1990) on the second floor of a building on the east side of Welch roughly where Tazzles/Sips is now? It was above the old Rocky Rococo's pizza. They had cheap pitchers and a pool table that was on about a 10 degree slope. Most importantly, they eagerly accepted my identification which may or may not have been accurate.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Having grown up in Ames, the first bar and still one of the best was actually downtown, The Whiskey River! First bar drinking in, Cafe Beaudelaire. The equivilent of Baly or that mexican joint on Welch now. First legal bar was People's for my 21st, Tuesday Twofers. But the best place ever is, was, and always will be The Lost&Found Lounge. Odd I remember this much now, didn't remember that much then.

There were few things better then twofers on Friday afternoons with Larry & Jack playing at the Lost & Found.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Deans list.

Btw any of you deans list regulars remember the plywood glued to the side of the broken urinal downstais circa 2002?

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I had to post here. I have not heard of most of these places mentioned. Comes with getting old I guess.

The first bar I went to as a student in Ames was a bar downtown called That Place. You can try and figure out the year. lol. Another downtown bar back then....which was the place to dance back then was Genuine John's.

In campustown we had a place called the Cave-in......next to the firestation on Welch. Had another one across the street....can't remeber the name.....it was more of a pizza place. Also on Welch was The Library.

Out at the mall there was a bar called The Hallway. Those are the main ones I remember. I'm old!

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
The MQ on my nineteenth birthday.

Gotta be over forty to know where that one was.

The second was Granddaddy's

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Deans list.

Btw any of you deans list regulars remember the plywood glued to the side of the broken urinal downstais circa 2002?

Oh, and yes, I remember that! That bathroom was so open when going down the stairs! I think I walked in there more than once just to cause some ruckus. :yes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron