Finals

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Update: just went to my final with my project not done at all. I had most of the files with me on a flash drive, but not even printed out since my printer decided this would be a grand time to run out of ink. I was nervous telling my professor, but she didn't even care. She said just turn it in by tomorrow morning. SCORE. I just dodged a bullet. I'm not out of the forest yet, since I still have a large amount of work to do on it, but I think I'll get it done on time at least. Unfortunately, that means I have a lot less time to write my paper that's due on Thursday... *sigh* Stupid school.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
No, it's Dec. 13th, and the four years I was at ISU, it fell right during Finals Week. I remember turning 21 and having an early final the next morning.

All 5 years I'm at Iowa State I've got it during spring break. Nice, but sucks at the same time.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Update: just went to my final with my project not done at all. I had most of the files with me on a flash drive, but not even printed out since my printer decided this would be a grand time to run out of ink. I was nervous telling my professor, but she didn't even care. She said just turn it in by tomorrow morning. SCORE. I just dodged a bullet. I'm not out of the forest yet, since I still have a large amount of work to do on it, but I think I'll get it done on time at least. Unfortunately, that means I have a lot less time to write my paper that's due on Thursday... *sigh* Stupid school.
You should have seen me when I had this same thing happen to me my last spring semester project before I graduated. I was sprinting over to parks so I could print the thing off 20 minutes before it was due. I tried to hurdle one of those chain fences, didn't get my foot up high enough since I'd been up all night working on it, and ended up doing a front flip onto my back in the middle of the Parks Courtyard. I limped into my final 15 minutes late.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'll take a swing...

I'm getting a real degree?

Hold on while I grab some popcorn. This should generate some ****** off people. :biggrin:

getting a degree being a pro fluffer doesnt take much work so I hardly see how thats a REAL degree

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I'll take a swing...

I'm getting a real degree?

Hold on while I grab some popcorn. This should generate some ****** off people. :biggrin:

Who told any of you that you're getting a 'real degree'? I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one here who qualifies as getting a real degree. :jimlad:

Unless of course you're in magnetohydrodynamics that is. Then my hat is off to you sir.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Waiting to find out how you did on an exam is quite possibly the longest wait ever...especially when that grade determines if you pass or fail. Could be a long night.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I'm done with the class journal. Now I have to write a 4-lesson unit and create a concert program. BLECH. Remind me why I chose education? I have written 62 freaking pages in the last 30 hours, and I still have another 15 to go, easily. Kill me, plz.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
While we're on that subject, has anyone taken math 385, partial differential equations? I'm signed up for it for next semester and I'm wondering if its passable.

Does it count as a tech elective? I took whatever math class did that ... Complex Math 405 or some **** like that.

Pain in the *** prof. I learned a higher percentage of the material in that class than any other and got like a B- ... he was really strict about not curving anything - bastard.

Is 385 different than the standard Diff equations most engineers take after Calc 3? Is it the one everyone calls Diff-E-Q? Not bad at all back in the day - easiest of my math classes.

BD4CY

Sep 22, 2007
Does it count as a tech elective? I took whatever math class did that ... Complex Math 405 or some **** like that.

Pain in the *** prof. I learned a higher percentage of the material in that class than any other and got like a B- ... he was really strict about not curving anything - bastard.

Is 385 different than the standard Diff equations most engineers take after Calc 3? Is it the one everyone calls Diff-E-Q? Not bad at all back in the day - easiest of my math classes.

Diff Eq is 267. I also thought that was the easiest of my math classes

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I'm done with the class journal. Now I have to write a 4-lesson unit and create a concert program. BLECH. Remind me why I chose education? I have written 62 freaking pages in the last 30 hours, and I still have another 15 to go, easily. Kill me, plz.

You're evidently in the wrong branch of secondary ed. Just finished with no finals at all this semester, as well as no tests.

Education is incredibly easy.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
collegehumor.71cc1749c8c60698dee4d35f4713a9b1.jpg