Fiesta Bowl Win and 2021 Season

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Campbell talks about winning in the margins because at a program like ISU the margin for error is so small, especially with the way MC and his staff want to play the games.

Reality is we probably overachieved by about 2 wins last year. We caught the breaks last year, and handled Covid well (a lot of luck, but the team still deserves some credit here). We didn't get those breaks this year and as a result will have underachieved by about 2 wins when it's all done.

I'm excited to watch this next recruiting cycle start to get some run next year. I think they're talented enough that they could be the group that has that breakthrough, after this senior class built the foundation.

Fluke, not fluke, or whatever, you don't want to start down a road of regretting Fiesta Bowl wins.

What this guy said.

Reactions: cyfanatic and jsb

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I just think sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn’t. It did in 2020, but not this year.
Remember in 2020 we:

barely beat TCU after playing their back up QB for most of the game.
Played KState and WVU where they had 75% of their teams out for covid
Beat OU on a last second INT
Beat Texas by them missing a last second FG
Was down big against Baylor and came back to win on a last second INT.

Yesterday was a perfect example of bounces. End of the half ball just bounds the other way and pops right up into the hands of the big fella where he didn't even have to slow down. Then Will gets the safety but also forced a fumble that popped right to their guy for a five yard gain.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones1969

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Played KState and WVU where they had 75% of their teams out for covid

Is this accurate? I keep seeing it repeated. I feel like if they were down that many players the game would have been postponed or cancelled.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Yesterday was a perfect example of bounces. End of the half ball just bounds the other way and pops right up into the hands of the big fella where he didn't even have to slow down. Then Will gets the safety but also forced a fumble that popped right to their guy for a five yard gain.
I'll add 2 OU muffs on kick returns that bounced right for them as well.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron