FedEx pledges $25M to Memphis NIL

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Memphis gets a lot of crap (not sure why), but they have Big 12 type fan enthusiasm, good football and basketball, are a state school, have a big booster, and are in the Big 12 footprint.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Wow, this gets crazier by the day. FedEx pledged $5M per year for 5 years to Memphis . https://www.espn.com/college-sports...fedex-pledges-25m-5-years-nil-program-memphis

So...... at what point do sponsors like this start meddling in the firing and hiring of coaches and ADs?
How does the board of Fedex green light this?

Shouldn't excess profit go to shareholders of Fedex, R&D at Fedex, or new investments in new departments of the company? I'm only somewhat envious of this but just thinking out loud.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
How does the board of Fedex green light this?

Shouldn't excess profit go to shareholders of Fedex, R&D at Fedex, or new investments in new departments of the company? I'm only somewhat envious of this but just thinking out loud.
Advertising budget

• Agree
Reactions: ljm4cy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've been to memphis probably a dozen times and don't remember ever seeing vols gear on anyone. I wonder if the distance apart is a factor. tennessee is a long ass state. That's a 6 hour drive if you don't hit traffic in knoxville, nashville (always bad), or memphis. plus knoxville is in a different time zone. not exactly an easy "hey let's go to a vols game".

I feel like Arkansas would be more popular than Tennessee in Memphis.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron