Favorite Non-Con Football of All Time Game (non-ToE)

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
My favorite noncon game that I have attended and that ISU won was the 2002 game in Iowa City. Huge second half comeback. So many angry Hawk fans. Plus it was just a great tailgating day, too, with a 5 or 6 pm kickoff.

• Winner
Reactions: clone2003

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I was probably at this game, but I have no recollection of it whatsoever because I was too young. Seems like it had to be a fun one

I remember that game and the coach chasing the officials, but I don't remember what made them finally leave the field.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
November 23, 1991 vs the Buff's...they were Conference at the time I realize.

All of the fans that were there (not many) were on one side of the stadium due to wind. Cold as all get out.

The day of my old man wasn't going to go, but I talked him in to it. By the start of the 2nd quarter I wanted to leave, nope.....we stayed.

• Agree
Reactions: pulse

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The FSU game at Arrowhead probably takes it, it was some sort of a kickoff classic game 1st week of the season against one of the top 3 or 4 programs in the country at the time with a HOF coach. Sucks to lose but the 2nd half was amazing.

Another nod would be another loss, it was a night game in 96 against Wyoming. They threw the ball all over the field that year so it was an exciting game but IIRC it was the first year with the new overtime rules. Being the first week of September, it was one of the first OT games with the new format.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Or this one in Iowa City for which the photo of the Hokeye fans in the background is priceless. I think there is a shot with a wider angle that is even better, but this one is good.

upload_2019-4-15_11-53-38.jpeg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
UConn 2011 was pretty good. They were coming off a BCS season and ISU looked OK after Jantz started something like 0-3 with 3 INTs all of which were really bad INTs.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Or this one in Iowa City for which the photo of the Hokeye fans in the background is priceless. I think there is a shot with a wider angle that is even better, but this one is good.

View attachment 63741

Just saw that this was to be Non-TOE, but I now I can't make myself go back and delete it.

cyclonelifer

Jan 30, 2007
Manchester, England
daveharm.blogspot.com
LSU... 1971 Sun Bowl. ISU's first bowl... when going to a bowl was hard to do. It was before every game was on TV and seeing ISU from my home in New Jersey was very special. To top it off to see my brother on the field for the coin toss gave me a memory for a lifetime.

LSU's QB was Bert Jones and while he was good, even back then, it was LSU's defense that was out of this world. The sad part was Keith Schroeder being ejected very early in the game. his last game ever as a Clone and to leave that way was heartbreaking.

That team had ISU's only first round pick - George Amundson...

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Watching TD run for 378 yards and set the record at the time.

Whoops forgot it was supposed to be non con.
Yeah, that was vs Mizzou. Although, the year before, Troy ran for about 350 vs UNLV. I was in attendance and that one was sure fun.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
The FSU game at Arrowhead probably takes it, it was some sort of a kickoff classic game 1st week of the season against one of the top 3 or 4 programs in the country at the time with a HOF coach. Sucks to lose but the 2nd half was amazing.

Another nod would be another loss, it was a night game in 96 against Wyoming. They threw the ball all over the field that year so it was an exciting game but IIRC it was the first year with the new overtime rules. Being the first week of September, it was one of the first OT games with the new format.

IIRC, we won the coin flip to start overtime and chose to take the ball first. D'oh!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I'm glad you brought that up. I remember the end of that game and that it was the first of the new overtime rules. I was like 10 and my old man taught me the ole "lets watch the end of the loss from the top of the hillside" method so we could get to our car faster after they made that kick in OT.

Reactions: heitclone

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
2018 vs Drake will stick with me for the rest of my days . . .

vauEUgn.gif

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I had tunnel vision and was thinking only of regular season games. Obviously, 2000 win over Pitt, Memphis at Liberty Bowl was a joyous conclusion to a good season. I'm not old enough to remember the '72 Liberty Bowl vs. GT (a loss) -- I was able to see grainy replay on 'Tube last year (found it via CF member, but now can't remember who posted it).