Favorite Minneapolis/St. Paul breweries?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Are all of these breweries bike friendly? I'm going to be up in the twin cities on a family vacation next week and we were thinking about doing a beer tasting ride. The closer to a bike trail the better. TIA!

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Lakes and legends, East lake, and Lynn lake are all decent close to down town. Lake monster is decent as well.

Obviously you have the big names like listed above, but for something new, there ya go.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Are all of these breweries bike friendly? I'm going to be up in the twin cities on a family vacation next week and we were thinking about doing a beer tasting ride. The closer to a bike trail the better. TIA!

All are bike friendly. Steel Toe is a bit of a haul on a bike, but the Minneapolis ones are all bike-able.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Isn't that down in New Ulm which is 1.5 hrs away?

TO clear up some misinfo about Grainbelt:
The old Grainbelt brewery is in Minneapolis. It is now the home of RSP Architects. I'm not sure if they do tours.
The brand called Grainbelt was purchased by Schell's Brewery in New Ulm (the nation's second oldest family owned brewery - second to Yeuling's in PA). Grainbelt is now one of their companion brands to their own Schell's line. Far from a specialty beer, it is very much like a major macro brew type beer.

Someone else mentioned Pigseye, which was a brewery established in 1992 after the closure of the Schmidt Brewery in St. Paul. I believe that brand folded a number of years ago.