Favorite Minneapolis/St. Paul breweries?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Got a weekend coming up in the cities. Been to Surly, Summit, and the old Flat Earth already. Where should I go next?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'll echo others. Dangerous Man, Fulton, and Indeed are great.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Dayblock is pretty good for a Brewpub and they offer a flight of bacon as an appetizer. Freehouse is pretty good also and has a great location in the North Loop.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
People already mentioned it but I would go with Dangerous Man, 612, and Indeed.

Also, Schell's brewery in New Ulm is a really cool tour.

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I must be in alone in saying that I thought Dangerous Man beer was just a touch overated. I tried Peanut Butter Porter and Chocolate Milk Stout and they we're pretty good but not great. I liked the taproom itself. Just for beer I'd choose Town Hall.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Bauhaus is great! Indeed was fun because they had live music when I went. 612 Brew is in the same neighborhood as the others I have mentioned. I don't really remember it, after being to the others all day. Overall fun to be able to walk to all 3.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Aside from what's already been said, you could also check out Steel Toe in St. Louis Park. I've always thought their beers were very solid and of high quality......also, I think the owner is originally from Iowa and went to UNI if I remember correctly. Another place to check out if you have time and want to switch it up with a craft cider would be to check-out Sociable Cider Werks in NE Minny. I'd recommend the Hop A Wheelie Cider.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Dangerous Man is a cool space, but I agree with dmclone that they're just a bit overrated. Maybe it's just because they don't focus on hoppier beers at all, which I tend to prefer.

No one has mentioned Fair State. They're obnoxiously hipster, but make really good beer. Worth a stop for sure.

Steel Toe is a personal favorite. The space isn't anything to write home about, but the beer is some of my favorite up there.

Bauhaus has a cool space and good beer, although you won't get anything there you can't find at liquor stores.

Indeed is cool as well and has pretty good beer. I think their pales and IPAs have gotten quite good in the past year or so.

Town Hall makes great stuff.

If it's not out of your way, hit Forager in Rochester.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron