Favorite holiday tradition

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I had a "tiny" family compared to a lot of you. (One sister, two cousins....two!) There weren't really any traditions while growing up. I had to be involved at the Christmas play/program at our tiny church all the way through HS since a)We were tiny, and b)My mom was the choir director. Not complaining, that was just the steady thing I had to do every year.

Then I married my husband....he of the 20+ cousins on one side. Needless to say, our first Christmas Eve married we spent at his grandparents, I just sat there a bit wide-eyed with all the people in their basement. Now, all the grandkids are having kids, and I count at least 15 great-grandkids. We will once again spend Christmas Eve at his grandparents this year.

Sounds like heaven and hell all in one place.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
He is better than me at: singing, playing the piano, growing a full head of hair, sleeping, and he is probably a better cook than me. He does know how to bake some pretty good treats, but I am the master at everything else.

First of all, there is no way I'm better at sleeping than you are. Second of all, I think we can simply say that you are more left brain and I am more right brain. In case you were wondering, yes I will be bringing home some treats (chocolate/caramel bars included).

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
3. Oyster stew and crackers on Xmas Eve.

2. Family all getting together for cards and puzzles.

1. FLOPPY'S CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE ON WHO TV 13.

Why did the man put the car in the oven? Because he wanted a "Hot Rod". (See avatar).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron