Farmers Almanac put out their Winter Projection...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I didn't need Farmer's almanac to know that fact. It will be one cold winter.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
This is what they projected last year. Which if I recall seems fairly accurate:

COLD WINTER AHEAD!
So just how cold will it be? The real teeth-chattering arrives mid-February especially in the following zones: Northeast/New England, Great Lakes, Ohio Valley, Midwest, and Southeast (yes, even the Southeast will be in the chill zone!!)

us-winter-weather-map-2019-fa-new.jpg

So this is a slight improvement from last year. Slightly happier.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
O/U on the number of "Polar Vortexes" we'll be forced to endure? Cause apparently we can't just call them by their real name "winter".

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
As someone who bought their first home last July with a large driveway, I would greatly appreciate a little less snow than last year.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You’re using the CNN of weather-related journalism to bash weather forecasters?

Take you CNN journalism grievances to the cave please. Why is it everyone turns a thread into politics? I googled "weather channel goof gifs" this came up. Sorry if I offended you.

giphy.gif

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Also, I can't wait until I move to somewhere predicted to be "brisk" in the winter.
I just did and I'm excited to experience my first brisk winter! Plus the summer hasn't been any worse than Iowa. I've even felt like it's been less oppressively humid in general. But the trade-off is no season tickets or tailgating in Ames which is killing me inside.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
The two typically come hand in hand. The coldest temperatures usually only materialize with snow on the ground.

Growing up in Illinois it felt like the opposite was often true -- the coldest of winters tended to also be the driest. Might just be skewed memory since they were miserable.