***Fantastic Beasts Mafia***

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think they're randomized 95% of the time. One early comment from mj (I think) was "I don't know this theme. You think the mayor would assign me a special role?" That kind of thinking is not smart IMO. Mayors don't/ shouldn't care about that.
Hell, I haven't known the themes of about 75% of the ones I've been in. I google characters when I'm given a name to work with, but that's about it. :D

Reactions: VikesFan22

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Always randomize roles.

I know some people get upset because they don't ever get special roles. There are always going to be long streaks of people getting special roles and being in the mafia and long streaks of being regular inno with randomized roles. That's just how random number distribution works.

There's not a great solution there other than to buck up. If we say "so-and-so hasn't received a good role in 5 games, better give one to them" the other players would eye that player as either a special or mafia right away.

Reactions: VikesFan22

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
The only times I didn’t randomize was in one game, I believe random.org gave vikes or Fitzy a special role and then it also have cubs a special role. Most know we are friends IRL so I didn’t want anyone thinking I was doing special favors so I told cubs I was giving him a reg inno role.

The other time was when random.org gave gipper the most important role in the game and he only ever posts once a day in games with his votes and I thought it’d be lame.

Other than that, always random

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Thanks for the answers guys! I appreciate the efforts to make it real.

It occurs to me that if (when) I DO get mafia role again, @CYme and @SCNCY will no doubt have me voted out by day 2 just because I'm "due" for a mafia role. :D

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Always randomize roles.

I know some people get upset because they don't ever get special roles. There are always going to be long streaks of people getting special roles and being in the mafia and long streaks of being regular inno with randomized roles. That's just how random number distribution works.

There's not a great solution there other than to buck up. If we say "so-and-so hasn't received a good role in 5 games, better give one to them" the other players would eye that player as either a special or mafia right away.
My question stemmed from comments from other players. I have no complaints. Sure, I'd love to have better roles, but I'm not going to quit because I'm on a regular inno streak. :D

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Always randomize roles.

Yeah I have gone on streaks of being a special or mafia and then streaks of just reg. inno.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Always randomize roles.

I have sometimes randomized twice if it was all noobs in the mafia and special roles, but other than that it was all randomized.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron