Fans In the Stands and in the Tailgating Lots

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
This is the ******** I'm taking about. There are dipshits in every single fan base out there. There are good folks given a bad name because of the dipshits.

We would all be in a much better spot if people would grow the **** up and quit generalizing. Call douchebags out for being douchebags. The gear they're wearing doesn't matter.

The Iowa parents section was across the row from me and they were some of the nicest visiting fans I've ever dealt with.
You are 100% correct. But it seems Iowa has a much higher % of their fan base that doesn’t act civil. The majority of Iowa fans are fine. However, such a high % of fans that aren’t civil is more a reflection of the overall fanbase. Meaning opposing fans view the Iowa fan base negatively. Most opposing fans understand there will always be a fan here or there that act strange. But Iowa takes it to another level

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We waited WAY too long just on 30 to get to the lot. I was wondering if AWA fan didn't do their due diligence.

Cyclone fan, be better if you're going to an away game and check the host team's stadium/ticketing/parking policies.
We got to Ames and on 30 at 8:30, the line of traffic in the right lane was backed up a little west of Duff to University with people trying to get off. We went up to S. Dakota and entered from the North. I would say we were parked in the handicapped lot within 25 of minutes of getting into line. We were one of the last vehicles they allowed in the lot and then they started parking them to the east of us.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Were there ushers? Used to be an usher at the top of each stairway, of the lower level at least.
No. Was two years ago for three quarters but none in sight. One of the Hawk teens decided to sit on the stairs for a while so people couldn’t get through at all and said he paid for that ******* seat and try to make him move.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
We waited WAY too long just on 30 to get to the lot. I was wondering if AWA fan didn't do their due diligence.

Cyclone fan, be better if you're going to an away game and check the host team's stadium/ticketing/parking policies.
Parking policies changed from when they came two years ago. Back then, first come/first served and cash on the spot was all it took

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
You are 100% correct. But it seems Iowa has a much higher % of their fan base that doesn’t act civil. The majority of Iowa fans are fine. However, such a high % of fans that aren’t civil is more a reflection of the overall fanbase. Meaning opposing fans view the Iowa fan base negatively. Most opposing fans understand there will always be a fan here or there that act strange. But Iowa takes it to another level
Have plenty of very close friends and family that are Hawk fans and great people and fans. But there is something that opposing fan bases hate about them. Know plenty of Gopher, Badger, Illini fans and they all view Iowa fan base the same as ISU fans.

With that said my most annoying encounter yesterday was with two Bro Country looking ISU fans.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1776 and khardbored

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I truly loathe the Hok game at Jack Trice because of the behavior of some of them. I've been to several home games for many years and the other opposing fans are respectful and don't do the shenanigans that hok fans do.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It does seem that way but I do doubt it. We just have to deal with them in greater numbers. I'm sure Clemson and SC would say the same about each other...or A&M and Texas...or Auburn and Alabama.

I'm guessing the "everyone hates them" is simply confirmation bias to a large extent.

Reactions: 1776

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I have also been to some away games and the ISU fans behave markedly better on the road than hok fans.
Don't even get me started on Hok wrestling fans.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I agree with this. That high percentage is some of the absolute worst and everyone on the outside knows it but apparently them.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
This is the ******** I'm taking about. There are dipshits in every single fan base out there. There are good folks given a bad name because of the dipshits.

We would all be in a much better spot if people would grow the **** up and quit generalizing. Call douchebags out for being douchebags. The gear they're wearing doesn't matter.

The Iowa parents section was across the row from me and they were some of the nicest visiting fans I've ever dealt with.
Sarcasm seems to strike a cord with you. Take a chill pill.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I agree with this. That high percentage is some of the absolute worst and everyone on the outside knows it but apparently them.
I think it’s the “Go Hawks, Whoo!” yelling guy to every person they see part of their fan base that everyone remembers. Most are fine but there is enough of them that other fam bases view all as that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Looking at the line on University between Mortensen and S. 16th, I wondered how many people (Iowa fans) just showed up with no pass and had to get waved along.
I pulled onto the drive between c2 and c3. Some numb it hawkeye fan drove right in the middle of both lanes so it backed stuff up onto university. He then stopped his pickup right in the middle so people could not turn into C3 or C2 alleys and sat there. I ended up slowly putting two tires onto the curb and pulling up to have the parking ladies scan my pass.

• Angry
Reactions: khardbored

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Apologies if that was intended as sarcasm...

But the point still stands because there enough idiots who DO believe all (insert mascot here) are bad.
The Hawkeye fanbase does have the highest percentage of bad fans I've encountered, but I also realize that is very likely the case because the Hawkeye fanbase is the one I encounter the most.

I've gone to many NFL games as a fan of the road team. The actions from fans of the home team toward me make even bad Hawkeye fans look like saints.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Parking policies changed from when they came two years ago. Back then, first come/first served and cash on the spot was all it took

Pre-sales existed in 2021. The public passes for ISU-Iowa sold out 3 days before the game.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Hawkeye fanbase does have the highest percentage of bad fans I've encountered, but I also realize that is very likely the case because the Hawkeye fanbase is the one I encounter the most.

I've gone to many NFL games as a fan of the road team. The actions from fans of the home team toward me make even bad Hawkeye fans look like saints.
I’ve been to a Vikings packers game in MSP. Never had any issues there. Every complaint I hear about Iowa is their fans. Their douchers are at another level than most teams.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Has anyone ever been to Kinnick and seen ISU fans act like douches?

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I would imagine ISU fans get treated poorly in Kinnick. Never been there and never will.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29