CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I suffered through the Walden years which included:
Going 0-10-1 in '94
Going 0-4 against Iowa
Going 0-4 against Kansas
Going 0-2 against UNI

I had to hang onto victories over ranked Nebraska and ranked KState like they were the last remaining rays of sunlight I'd ever see.

I'm bathing in hype for now. I can't help myself.

I'm not bathing, but it just seems like Campbell is much better at identifying potential weaknesses in the team and fills the holes better than previous coaching staffs. It also feels like there is going to be at least some type of depth on this year's team. Hopefully we are done throwing some guy that is not close to a Power 5 player out there every time someone twists an ankle or needs a blow.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
so is Wilkerson 180 or is he 195? Kind of confusing. The article list him at 180, but they said he put on 15 lbs. Was he 165 and then added 15 lbs or was he 180 and then added 15 lbs? If someone can clear this up, it would be appreciated. thanks.

He was at 165 and is now listed at 180. That's my fault for not being clearer.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
@JStanz51 , any news on which true freshmen (if any) have a decent shot at playing this year? I know that ideally you want every player to have the luxury of sitting a year to adjust to the college game, but are there any guys that might just be too good to keep off the field?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He was at 165 and is now listed at 180. That's my fault for not being clearer.

actually, I guess you were clear. The shocking thing is a 165 lb safety. Really? It was only confusing in the sense that someone that light is at safety in division one football. That is unheard of in the SEC. Heck it is unheard of in the Big 12. Can he hit? Can he take on a compact 210 lb tailback or a taller bigger 220 lb tailback? Is he more of a guy that will be used in passing downs or coverage situations?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
actually, I guess you were clear. The shocking thing is a 165 lb safety. Really? It was only confusing in the sense that someone that light is at safety in division one football. That is unheard of in the SEC. Heck it is unheard of in the Big 12. Can he hit? Can he take on a compact 210 lb tailback or a taller bigger 220 lb tailback? Is he more of a guy that will be used in passing downs or coverage situations?

I forgot he was a safety, and not a DB. When he was recruited to ISU he was listed at 5' 11" and 173 pounds, so something seems wrong.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have not bought into it, I need to see production. If we come out and smoke UNI I might start to think the bowl is attainable, winning the first 3 will have me joining the hype.

I honestly quit hoping when I was about 33. I love everything about Iowa State football except the product we normally put on the field. I am at the "Do something that makes me believe" stage. I started to believe during the CPR early years. Then it turned back into Iowa State football that I grew up with. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling.