F*CK IOWA

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I know a gal with both a Kinnick and a Kayden (Hayden with a "K").

Hate to say it, but lots of Kinnicks here in CR.
Just tell the Kinnicks that were named after an Iowa State state football player. I have had two occurrences where I asked who they were named after and received the expected answer. In both occurrences, I told them they were named after an Iowa State football player and the look of the parents was like someone just shot their dog. It was funny. The parents had no idea that old-man Kinnick played at Iowa State.

Last edited:

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Weird. My graduation at ISU was over ten years ago, but I'm fairly certain there were no references to the university of Iowa or Iowa City.

My son went to Iowa his freshmen year. The initiation t-shirt that they gave to every incoming student referenced Ames.

They claim we are not their main rival, yet they mention Iowa State the first day a student steps on campus, and their last day at the graduation ceremony. Their fascination with us is kind of creepy.

PS: He transferred to Iowa State for the remaining 3 years.

H

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Just tell the Kinnicks that were named after an Iowa State state football player. I have had two occurrences where I asked who they were named after and received the expected answer. In both occurrences, I told them they were named after an Iowa State football player and the look of the parents was like someone just shot their dog. It was funny. The parents had no idea that old-man Kinnick played at Iowa State.
I honestly think these parents are naming them after the "stadium" more so than the person, otherwise why aren't there any Niles?

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
My son went to Iowa his freshmen year. The initiation t-shirt that they gave to every incoming student referenced Ames.

They claim we are not their main rival, yet they mention Iowa State the first day a student steps on campus, and their last day at the graduation ceremony. Their fascination with us is kind of creepy.

PS: He transferred to Iowa State for the remaining 3 years.

H
If you read the history of President Hilton, there was only one person that objected to Iowa State becoming Iowa State University, the president of Iowa. They have some sort of weird, inferiority complex. Bizarre, but funny.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I honestly think these parents are naming them after the "stadium" more so than the person, otherwise why aren't there any Niles?
Simple - Kinnick is more unique and trendy than Nile as a first name.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cause it's an antiquated unattractive name in modern society?
I've met a few guys named Nile, both a good bit older. I have a feeling if you were a boy born in the 1940s in the state of Iowa, there was a decent chance of being named Nile. Not all that different from all the younger guys named "Cael" out there.

Reactions: Kinch

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have a moron acquaintance who named his daughter Kinnick Trice. You know the type, claim to root for both but really just a Hawk fan. He was mortified when I mentioned Kinnick Sr. playing for Iowa State. Some of her classmates refer to her as “Icky.” Nicki would be ok but Icky? Life is rough enough without giving your kid a weird name.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Congrats!

I've told my sons that I don't care if they're gay, trans, black, white, up, down, or anything else. BUT if they go to Iowa, they are John Wicked - excommunicato.
Dad, I'm going to be a Hawk!
tumblr_pecvxr4AXA1wbg29ao7_540.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kkise and Jer

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I have a moron acquaintance who named his daughter Kinnick Trice. You know the type, claim to root for both but really just a Hawk fan. He was mortified when I mentioned Kinnick Sr. playing for Iowa State. Some of her classmates refer to her as “Icky.” Nicki would be ok but Icky? Life is rough enough without giving your kid a weird name.
That is outrageously funny.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I don't think people really care that Kinnick Sr. went to Iowa State. Sounds like a lame bit.

Kinnick is bad. Kinnick Trice is embarrassingly bad. Keep it to the pets, folks.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I don't think people really care that Kinnick Sr. went to Iowa State. Sounds like a lame bit.

Kinnick is bad. Kinnick Trice is embarrassingly bad. Keep it to the pets, folks.
Try it sometime. I think you'll be surprised how they respond and related facial expressions.