Ethan Smith is gone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So Dresser comes out right away and says 5 out of 7 recruits were for sure staying, and likely 6.

But now they are running for the hills? Why? Do they not like Dresser the more they get to know him or what?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
So Dresser comes out right away and says 5 out of 7 recruits were for sure staying, and likely 6.

But now they are running for the hills? Why? Do they not like Dresser the more they get to know him or what?
Yeah because I'm sure all of us have that insight.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016

Definitely wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Maybe it's possible Dresser wasn't a huge fan of Smith's and didn't put a ton of effort into keeping him. Maybe Dresser will want to try and get the VT recruit Bolen to switch over who is at the same weight.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 83cy and csteve

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

It might have more to do with guys having an inside story on the new staff. A lot of these middle weight guys are Paulson recruits.

May also be related Dresser's lack of freestyle/international experience. That's a pretty big deal to a lot of guys these days.

This is just speculation, so keep that in mind. No inside info at all here.

While it sucks to lose a lot of the class, especially considering those lost could end up being elite (certainly elite level recruits), I'm not concerned. Dresser has shown he can develop guys. Guys like Storr and Gomez, maybe even Coleman, I think, will be real good no matter the situation, while guys like Parker and Leisure, for example, will benefit greatly.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: 6scrapper7

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015

By my count that's only 2 guys gone and Verk hasn't officially left so Dressers statement could still hold true. The article on Verk said he would focus on this decision after states so he could still decide to stick. We also don't know if some of Dressers recruits are in the mix at similar weights. I've wondered if KD is adjusting the $ on some of KJs recruits.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I have no idea what's going on, just found it curious and was wondering if anyone more in the know knew what was going on.

Good points made by all. Could be a variety of reasons for this, and not all bad either.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think Verkleeren will go elsewhere also. Hope their are transfers or recruits coming in from VT.

Most things I hear, they were hoping the Paulsons would stay on staff & that doesn't look likely

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
His twitter says after a long recruiting process he has chosen Ohio State... didn't know he could be recruited after signing NLI until he got his release

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron