ESPN article.....ouch

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Lucky we have most of our recruits for the year. Last year recruiting dried up after the UNI game.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
The first paragraphs in the article say it all. Week one and the fork has already been put in for the year.

I hope the writer of this article eats crow, but I have a feeling he may be right.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
Haha yeah but we bleed this crap. To have a national site call your coach a lame duck is a little more damning.

Half the posters on this site are trolls, half (myself included) drink ISU kool-aid so I would expect that kind of reaction after game one of this years performance.

But to have a neutral party verify that you are correct, and this early means everyone else sees it too

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Haha yeah but we bleed this crap. To have a national site call your coach a lame duck is a little more damning.

Half the posters on this site are trolls, half (myself included) drink ISU kool-aid so I would expect that kind of reaction after game one of this years performance.

But to have a neutral party verify that you are correct, and this early means everyone else sees it too
Except it isn't a national person. It was written by Luke Meredith who is based in Iowa.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I won't trash talk the players - I respect them.

Some posters have commented that they aren't D1 worthy. If a D1 school offered you a full ride to play the game you love you'd take it. It's not their fault our system is broken. Let's not sit here behind our screens and blame the athletes representing us. How do you think it feels to have "one of the most loyal fan bases" in the country trash talk you during and after a game? I don't know if I could get up and move forge ahead so I respect them for doing that.

Good luck guys - keep your heads up!

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I won't trash talk the players - I respect them.

Some posters have commented that they aren't D1 worthy. If a D1 school offered you a full ride to play the game you love you'd take it. It's not their fault our system is broken. Let's not sit here behind our screens and blame the athletes representing us. How do you think it feels to have "one of the most loyal fan bases" in the country trash talk you during and after a game? I don't know if I could get up and move forge ahead so I respect them for doing that.

Good luck guys - keep your heads up!

I didn't write any of it....hence the link you clicked to read the article.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I wasn't talking about you. Just this site in general. After the weekend of living real life I realized 90% of us were dicks about our players. Blame CPR all you want but I am going to stop criticizing the players.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The first paragraphs in the article say it all. Week one and the fork has already been put in for the year.

I hope the writer of this article eats crow, but I have a feeling he may be right.
An article similar to this was posted on cbs tonight. Now it is on espn.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I wasn't talking about you. Just this site in general. After the weekend of living real life I realized 90% of us were dicks about our players. Blame CPR all you want but I am going to stop criticizing the players.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I agree to a point, that the players are there because they were GIVEN a scholarship.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I'm not sure what use or interest an article like that has. Most people across the nation don't give a flying rats rear about ISU. I guess it's just fun to kick somebody while they are down.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I was watching some college football show on Monday that included Dan Hawkins. They were talking about surprises of the week. When they got to our game they said "OK this one didn't really surprise anyone". Pretty sad.

Spam

May 21, 2008
This article should make the "the media is being too nice to Rhoads" crowd feel better!

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I was watching some college football show on Monday that included Dan Hawkins. They were talking about surprises of the week. When they got to our game they said "OK this one didn't really surprise anyone". Pretty sad.

And this is what really sucks.

BTW, in the article SR says they need to respond more quickly than last year - did they respond last year?

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
So be careful in what you believe in
There's plenty to get you confused
And in this land called paradise
You must walk in many men's shoes
Bigotry and hatred are enemies to us all
Grace, mercy and forgiveness
Will help a man walk tall

GO CLONES!!!

[video=youtube_share;KjNn9_bfp6k]http://youtu.be/KjNn9_bfp6k[/video]

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

Hawkins would know. He was such a surprise himself for Cu. Took that program into the toilet. Thanks Hawk (perfect handle).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron