ESPN Analyst quits because of Kirk "Bud Kilmer" Ferentz

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
No way, Uthoff takes the gold medal in that department. He puts beavers to shame.

It's unfortunate for both of them that their teeth are so prominent. Jared loses because he has no chin.

But I'm guessing if you counted the teeth of the idiot who commented about it, they're more jealous than insulting

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy and GTO

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Not showing his bias at all

I get Hawk fans taking some joy in Eno not having a great night but for a "journalist" to take shots at him is just a new low. On the other hand, Hawk fans are lucky to have a voice in the media that represents the way most of them think. Celebrating the struggles of a recruit that spurned you because your recruiting rules backfired just screams insecurity. I guess Hawk fans treat Arizona st like a big bro too.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Beathard was getting hit but there were no hits to the head or concussion worries, and CJ wanted to stay in for his last CFB game. There was absolutely no reason to pull him.

Dude...he was getting blown up in that game, and was so immobilized by what was hurting him, many times he couldn't react quick enough to soften the blow. Just a rag doll getting hammered. I remember feeling sorry for him about midway through the 1st quarter, and it only got worse as the game progress.

I get him wanting to play out his last game, but it's the coaching staff's responsibility to think longer term.

Ultimately, it did not appear to be damaging, long term, as he's making quite a name for himself early in his pro career, but Man...that game was hard to watch, just focusing on him. Felt like I had a permanent cringe on my face the whole time.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I get Hawk fans taking some joy in Eno not having a great night but for a "journalist" to take shots at him is just a new low. On the other hand, Hawk fans are lucky to have a voice in the media that represents the way most of them think. Celebrating the struggles of a recruit that spurned you because your recruiting rules backfired just screams insecurity. I guess Hawk fans treat Arizona st like a big bro too.

You generous soul.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Not sure about the big time comment, but I think it is a really good idea for Prohm to keep in close contact with Ames PD. I mean, didn't Prohm just take in a transfer that was kicked off his team?

Fran has WHIFFED on so many transfers and their fawning media doesn't report it.....like if a tree falls in the woods...did anyone hear it?

Oh but I enjoyed Anthony Hubbard's time in IC. Lasts 1 month after he was thrown out of IC, and after he spent 5 years in a Fed Penitentiary for armed robbery, and after Hawk media were comparing him to Michael Jordan

Fran's marquee transfer success story the last 7 years. congrats

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines

How was he taking shots at Eno? He simply posted a tweet with Eno's stats. He gave no opinion one way or the other.

• Useful
Reactions: GTO

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
How was he taking shots at Eno? He simply posted a tweet with Eno's stats. He gave no opinion one way or the other.

So its just a coincidence that he only posted stats for one former U of I recruit? One who just happened to be a kid who had public criticism of KF's recruiting policies? One who was highly regarded, who put up less than spectacular stats his first game? Has ever posted the backup running back at Arizona States stats? Maybe thats something he does regularly? Just to give Hawk fans a friendly reminder of the kids they missed out on?If it is...my bad.

Reactions: carvers4math

Aug 26, 2014
But isn't he in charge? You had a successful coach fired for yelling at a few players. Why not the same treatment for the coach in charge of this extremely harmful & potentially life-threatening workout?
Good leaders take responsibility, bad leaders make excuses. Looks like ole Kirk "Bud Kilmer" Ferentz is a bad leader.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So its just a coincidence that he only posted stats for one former U of I recruit? One who just happened to be a kid who had public criticism of KF's recruiting policies? One who was highly regarded, who put up less than spectacular stats his first game? Has ever posted the backup running back at Arizona States stats? Maybe thats something he does regularly? Just to give Hawk fans a friendly reminder of the kids they missed out on?If it is...my bad.

Like most people in the USA today, If you are going to talk you better walk the walk. He announced he was the next coming and was confident in that stance, might as well point out that he is just another guy in college football. Iowa fans have every right to point that out if he had every right to point out what he did not "like" about Iowa recruiting. Sour grapes? Nah, more like if you cant walk the walk then dont talk the talk.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyTwins

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

This just solidifies in my mind what an arrogant smug prick Ferentz is. Unbelievable. He tries to turn the lack of responsibility on Cunningham for questioning him. He should have responded by saying something along the lines of, "CJ's a tough kid and he really wanted to finish his hawkeye career on a high note even when the game was out of hand, and I didn't want to take that opportunity away from him. It's unfortunate that Cunningham singled us out, but he's entitled to his opinion."

Everyone around me watching the game was begging Kirk to pull Beathard out. He had a potential NFL paycheck to look forward to, and the Gators could have ended his career that day. Send the backup in and let the crowd give him an ovation as he leaves the field. Live to fight another day albeit in a different uniform.

Leaving him out there just seemed like insanity to me. And coach is offended. **** you, Kirk.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Like most people in the USA today, If you are going to talk you better walk the walk. He announced he was the next coming and was confident in that stance, might as well point out that he is just another guy in college football. Iowa fans have every right to point that out if he had every right to point out what he did not "like" about Iowa recruiting. Sour grapes? Nah, more like if you cant walk the walk then dont talk the talk.

Actually I believe that was Iowa fans saying that when he committed.

JustAFleshWound

Apr 21, 2015
You're suggesting that after one game of his college career he has failed at "walking the walk"? That's a bit of a disingenuous quick trigger.

Reactions: CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron