Equipment sale June 1st

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Oh, now this makes a difference. So, the general public doesn't get to enter at 8am? or do the Cyclone Club members get to enter before 8am?

This was the case last time, but they advertised that. It doesn't mention this in the announcement for this sale so I'm anticipating there is not "early" access for Cyclone Club this time.

What is the cost of the helmets?
My memory is a little hazy but I believe the helmets were $200 or $250 last time.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
Sounds like they are trying to clean this up a little bit from previous years.

"Fans can only buy one helmet per person and one jersey per person. There are no exceptions and this rule will be strictly enforced. All sales are final. No returns or exchanges. No purses or bags are allowed inside the facility."

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Sounds like they are trying to clean this up a little bit from previous years.

"Fans can only buy one helmet per person and one jersey per person. There are no exceptions and this rule will be strictly enforced. All sales are final. No returns or exchanges. No purses or bags are allowed inside the facility."

I'm pretty sure there was a one helmet/one jersey per person limit last time also.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'm pretty sure there was a one helmet/one jersey per person limit last time also.

If there was it wasn't enforced because I bought 3.

And that rule doesn't change the fact people take many at one time and then discard the ones they don't want later one. The rule is to purchase it, not to remove it from the rack. I wish they'd have staff there to enforce it at the rack so people didn't do this.

EDIT - what if they had a separate line for jerseys and helmets vs other stuff so that people wouldn't be as tempted to grab a bunch then discard later. Without bags no one is going to carry around armful of clothes they can't immediately buy.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
If there was it wasn't enforced because I bought 3.

And that rule doesn't change the fact people take many at one time and then discard the ones they don't want later one. The rule is to purchase it, not to remove it from the rack. I wish they'd have staff there to enforce it at the rack so people didn't do this.

EDIT - what if they had a separate line for jerseys and helmets vs other stuff so that people wouldn't be as tempted to grab a bunch then discard later. Without bags no one is going to carry around armful of clothes they can't immediately buy.

Ahh no wonder there weren't any left when I got in there! ;)

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Here are the rules for Oregon’s equipment sale. ISU could adopt a few of these policies, namely the hoarding one.

EUGENE, Ore. – The University of Oregon athletic department will host an equipment Surplus Sale presented by Fanatics, on Saturday, May 12th at the Moshofsky Center next to Autzen Stadium. The sale will run from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., or until all product is sold.

As an exclusive benefit, current University of Oregon season ticket holders and Duck Athletic Fund donors are eligible for priority access to the Surplus Sale and may start lining up at 7:30 a.m. with the sale starting at 9 a.m. A random line drawing will be held to determine which customers will enter first. All season ticket holders or donors with a surplus sale ticket in line by 8:00 a.m. will receive a priority line raffle ticket and entered into a lottery, which will determine the order of entry. Season ticket holders or donors may not lineup prior to 7:30 a.m. The priority access line will begin at 7:30 a.m. at the northwest doors of the Moshofsky Center near the Duck Store entrance.

General admission fans will be admitted at 10:30 a.m. As with the season ticket holders and donors, a random line drawing will be held to determine which customers will enter first. All fans in the general admission line by 9:30 a.m. will receive a general admission line raffle ticket and entered into a lottery, which will determine order of entry. General admission fans may not lineup prior to 8:30 a.m. at the southeast corner of the Moshofsky Center, facing Autzen Stadium.

The lottery process ensures that all fans who arrive prior to the listed deadline will have an equal chance of gaining the first entry.

Priority access tickets can be secured by season ticket holders and DAF donors by logging into their account HERE. The deadline to claim a priority access ticket is Monday, May 7th at 5 p.m. Each ticket will allow access for the season ticket holder or DAF donor plus one guest. Passes will be available on the season ticket holder online account manager system beginning Tuesday, May 8th for those requesting ticket by the deadline. Tickets must be printed out before arriving.

Season ticket holders and donors who claim a ticket may forward the PDF to another party should they not be able to attend. Only one entry will be allowed per ticket and no re-entry will be permitted. The guest must be present in line with the season ticket holder when the priority tickets are scanned and priority raffle tickets are issued. If the guest is not in line at the time priority raffle tickets are being issued, they will not receive a ticket and will be sent to the GA line for entry. The guest will enter with the recipient of the priority access ticket.

Additional Surplus Sale Rules and Information

- Cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Checks and American Express are not accepted. Please have ID ready if paying by credit card.

- A strict limit of 2 non-cleated (training) shoes can be purchased per patron.

- Camping is strictly prohibited and is of no benefit due to the random line drawing. Campers will be asked to leave and are subject to no entry to the sale.

- Only small personal purses will be permitted inside the sale. Bags will be provided for shopping.

- Parking is available in the east gravel lot of Autzen Stadium. Vehicles parked in other lots are subject to ticketing and/or towing.

- Shoplifters will be detained by UOPD on site.

- Hoarding of items is prohibited. Only take product from tables you intend to purchase. Those found hording items will be asked to leave.

- Raffle line tickets will be used for entry into the sale and may not be transferred to others.

- Individuals with raffle line tickets will be admitted in the drawn order before those without tickets.

- All individuals age 16 or above must have a ticket for entry.

- No food or beverage will be permitted inside the Moshofsky Center.

- All sales are final, no returns or exchanges.

Follow UO twitter accounts @GoDucks, @DuckSwag and @OregonDuckTix for further information on the Surplus Sale.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

I think it was limit 2 on jerseys and limit 1 helmet but they didn't enforce it well. I got a matte red helmet, red Edozie basketball jersey with the johnny orr memorial patch and a gold Tsalmpouris basketball jersey.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Here are the rules for Oregon’s equipment sale. ISU could adopt a few of these policies, namely the hoarding one.

yes please on the hoarding one! that's a judgement call and bound to piss Karens off ("Well, *I* am supporting *YOU* and you're being rude by not letting me go though these 26 very similar spring coats. Maybe YOU don't want MY money." but well worth it.

Last edited:

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
The ones at that other school east of here are a nightmare and they do them once a month. The hoards descend like locusts to buy their Howk gear by the arm loads. Unfortunately only place I could get the size football cleats the boy needed for under 200$

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Last time was really bad to check out. The system was struggleing with its connection. Hopefully Sukup with be better in that aspect. I didn't see or receive anything saying a special time for Cyclone Club members. I can't make it this year anyways.

It has gotten a lot more publicity than before. Getting in didn't use to be as bad. Quite a few years ago, I got some really great game shorts, warmups and extra gear for reasonable prices. Prices have gone up as more people take part.

One of the best things I got were the hand warmers that strap around your waist. Use these every year at late season games. Work better than any gloves I have ever owned and only spent $2-3 each on them.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon

EUGENE, Ore. – The University of Oregon athletic department will host an equipment Surplus Sale presented by Fanatics, on Saturday, May 12th at the Moshofsky Center next to Autzen Stadium. The sale will run from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., or until all product is sold.

As an exclusive benefit, current University of Oregon season ticket holders and Duck Athletic Fund donors are eligible for priority access to the Surplus Sale and may start lining up at 7:30 a.m. with the sale starting at 9 a.m. A random line drawing will be held to determine which customers will enter first. All season ticket holders or donors with a surplus sale ticket in line by 8:00 a.m. will receive a priority line raffle ticket and entered into a lottery, which will determine the order of entry. Season ticket holders or donors may not lineup prior to 7:30 a.m. The priority access line will begin at 7:30 a.m. at the northwest doors of the Moshofsky Center near the Duck Store entrance.

General admission fans will be admitted at 10:30 a.m. As with the season ticket holders and donors, a random line drawing will be held to determine which customers will enter first. All fans in the general admission line by 9:30 a.m. will receive a general admission line raffle ticket and entered into a lottery, which will determine order of entry. General admission fans may not lineup prior to 8:30 a.m. at the southeast corner of the Moshofsky Center, facing Autzen Stadium.

The lottery process ensures that all fans who arrive prior to the listed deadline will have an equal chance of gaining the first entry.

Priority access tickets can be secured by season ticket holders and DAF donors by logging into their account HERE. The deadline to claim a priority access ticket is Monday, May 7th at 5 p.m. Each ticket will allow access for the season ticket holder or DAF donor plus one guest. Passes will be available on the season ticket holder online account manager system beginning Tuesday, May 8th for those requesting ticket by the deadline. Tickets must be printed out before arriving.

Season ticket holders and donors who claim a ticket may forward the PDF to another party should they not be able to attend. Only one entry will be allowed per ticket and no re-entry will be permitted. The guest must be present in line with the season ticket holder when the priority tickets are scanned and priority raffle tickets are issued. If the guest is not in line at the time priority raffle tickets are being issued, they will not receive a ticket and will be sent to the GA line for entry. The guest will enter with the recipient of the priority access ticket.

Additional Surplus Sale Rules and Information

- Cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Checks and American Express are not accepted. Please have ID ready if paying by credit card.

- A strict limit of 2 non-cleated (training) shoes can be purchased per patron.

- Camping is strictly prohibited and is of no benefit due to the random line drawing. Campers will be asked to leave and are subject to no entry to the sale.

- Only small personal purses will be permitted inside the sale. Bags will be provided for shopping.

- Parking is available in the east gravel lot of Autzen Stadium. Vehicles parked in other lots are subject to ticketing and/or towing.

- Shoplifters will be detained by UOPD on site.

- Hoarding of items is prohibited. Only take product from tables you intend to purchase. Those found hording items will be asked to leave.

- Raffle line tickets will be used for entry into the sale and may not be transferred to others.

- Individuals with raffle line tickets will be admitted in the drawn order before those without tickets.

- All individuals age 16 or above must have a ticket for entry.

- No food or beverage will be permitted inside the Moshofsky Center.

- All sales are final, no returns or exchanges.

Follow UO twitter accounts @GoDucks, @DuckSwag and @OregonDuckTix for further information on the Surplus Sale.

Back before online concert ticket sales and pre-sale tickets, I got Concert tickets in a similar way. Pick up wristband/entry ticket early. Show up shortly before entry time. Then groups of numbers(tickets) drawn and let in to buy. Then continue as time goes by. Gives everyone about as equal of a chance as you could hope for.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Lol, I think I went to one of these back in college. A bunch of stuff that nobody wanted. Not much of a crowd. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy anything. Times have changed.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Kind of surprised they are getting rid of that many newer helmets.

They switched to the Vicis helmet. There like $1,000 a piece now. So I believe they're getting rid of all the Riddell's. I may be wrong but that seemed to be the direction they were heading

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Sale Items And Prices (Item availability and prices are subject to change)
$400- Cardinal Chrome Football Helmets (Limit 1)
$400- Black Football Helmets (Limit 1)
$250- White Football Helmets (Limit 1)
$250- Cardinal Football Helmets (Limit 1)
$100- 2018 Football Jerseys (Limit 1)
$75- 2017 Football Jerseys (Limit 1)
$75- Basketball Jerseys (Limit 1)
$50 Basketball Game Shorts
$30 Soccer Jerseys
$30 Softball Jerseys
$30 Coats, Jackets, Full and 1/4 Zip Ups
$25 Footwear
$20- Sweatshirts
$20- Sweat Pants, Warm Up Pants, Joggers, Tights
$20- Khaki Pants and Shorts
$15- Polo Shirts