Eiite Eight Match Texas vs Neb on now

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The only one to blame for USC not being in the final four is USC. They had Washington on the ropes leading 2-0, and were playing at home. They played poorly in sets 3-4, yet had two match points in set five and couldn't finish. They didn't have to travel at all for the NCAA tourney.
USC and Wash shouldn't have been in the same region. USC would beat Wisc 3-0, even if they had to travel to Madison to do it.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
To be for Texas over Nebraska is a tough call. I am not exactly a big Texas fan. It is hard to say which is worse, Texas, or the Big ten.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Robinson was a huge get for NU. She carried the youngsters in the early season. Nice when a conference POY walks in.

And their setter transfered from Tennessee also. Wonder how their freshman setter feels about getting "transfered" over.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
To be for Texas over Nebraska is a tough call. I am not exactly a big Texas fan. It is hard to say which is worse, Texas, or the Big ten.

Having been able to beat them (UT) in recent years, says a lot about ISU and the program. Selling that to recruits, and having the national champion in your conference to compete against far out weighs any benefit the other way. We would benefit greatly from a B1G dropoff, IMO.

If you noticed, the PAC12 teams have a sprinkling of players from Texas. It would be good to have them stay in conference, too. At ISU, of course, playing against the in-state school that overlooked them.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I didnt know that Eckerman was from Waterloo. Since I didnt know she was from Waterloo- I dont remember us recruiting her. Did we have a chance to land her? She is a beast!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wow - Wisconsin looks great. Texas is the first seeded team they have had to play in the tournament, but the Badgers are rolling. They finished fourth in the Big Ten, and are one set up on the #1 team.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Holy **** Wisky is destroying them!

I'm torn because WI is my 2nd fave team, but I want the Big 12 in the championship to shut up the BIG/PAC homers.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Holy **** Wisky is destroying them!

I'm torn because WI is my 2nd fave team, but I want the Big 12 in the championship to shut up the BIG/PAC homers.
Got to admit though- its hard to hate on the B1G when they have absolutely dominated this volleyball season. Just inflating their already enormous ego-filled heads will only get them that much closer to exploding.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
they have completely shut down Webster. Unbelievable.

They are really, really exploiting the weak passing of Texas. UT's block is usually enough to cover that up, and they're outblocking UW 8-0........but still not enough!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Got to admit though- its hard to hate on the B1G when they have absolutely dominated this volleyball season. Just inflating their already enormous ego-filled heads will only get them that much closer to exploding.

Yeah, the all thought it would be PSU/Nebby..........don't think anyone thought Wisconsin would go this far this year.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Wisconsin is playing great defense, and Texas seems to be hitting tentatively. It will be interesting to see if better passing will even help.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
if UW can't sweep, I don't think they'll be able to do it. Texas is picking it up and UW is playing out of their minds, don't think they could keep it up for two more sets. They are very talented, but I don't think they are capable of beating Texas when Texas is playing like Texas.

Bet we'll see Carlini on an Olympic team in the future.

Help Support Us

Become a patron