Egor Koulechov will not visit :(

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
One of Egor, Brown or Alstrok plus Juiston makes us a definite tourney team as expectations and perhaps in Top 25 contention

Everybody said we needed a volume guard/wing scorer and a real post presence to reload...

Juiston plus one of the other set, and you figure we have to land one of them, law of averages, right, pretty much fits the bill to make it seven-in-a-row?

• Agree
Reactions: isugcs and bawbie

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We just have to land Juiston. He's a must.

No kidding.

I love how "in" we are on guards and wings.

I know they are more plentiful and we need more of them to run our system.

But the single point of failure on Juiston -- unless Young and Lard are going to bring it next year, and I mean beyond their years -- is troubling.

KU restocking its front court elsewhere gives me a ton of hope.

Hopefully he wants PT from Day 1. Only Prohm can promise him that.

He drops right into Deonte's role and spot in the rotation and we're goin'.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I agree it all starts with Juiston..Land him and dominos will fall quickly i think with Brown or Egor..

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Juiston is the most critical, but I'm guessing they have some backup prospects.

One of Egor, Brown or Alstrok plus Juiston makes us a definite tourney team as expectations and perhaps in Top 25 contention
It would give us a chance to, anyways, and be an absolute home run reloading by Prohm. Plus they'd still have two openings. A huge couple weeks for the program.

• Agree
Reactions: bawbie

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think the nearly 10 RB a game make Egor much more of a want for me.... I know if we land Juston we are getting a bump there too, but that seemed like our Achilles all last year, whenever we faces a team that had decent big's with good fundamentals of rebounding that was when we had trouble....

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think the nearly 10 RB a game make Egor much more of a want for me.... I know if we land Juston we are getting a bump there too, but that seemed like our Achilles all last year, whenever we faces a team that had decent big's with good fundamentals of rebounding that was when we had trouble....

Egor and Juiston would help our rebounding tremendously.

We know Wiggintin and Jackson are both going to be starting and those two are pretty small, so it will be important that we rebound 3-5.

• Agree
Reactions: jburke

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

It's going to be a totally different looking team than before. While we were hamstrung by our lack of rebounding, we also had a fantastic guard court and could pretty much plan on winning that part of the battle, most of the time by enough to offset our weaknesses.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Juiston is the most critical, but I'm guessing they have some backup prospects.

It would give us a chance to, anyways, and be an absolute home run reloading by Prohm. Plus they'd still have two openings. A huge couple weeks for the program.

Not really. We arent really in on anyone else at the PF position accept Juiston. If we dont land him then we will ride the season inside with Young, Lard, Kasongo.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Not really. We arent really in on anyone else at the PF position accept Juiston. If we dont land him then we will ride the season inside with Young, Lard, Kasongo.

If we strike out on Juiston, then I agree we will probably focus on a sit-out big, rather than taking a fall back like Holden. You're better off for the future just riding the young guys and building experience.

Of course, if new grad transfer names pop up, that could change.

Also, I do think we land Juiston. It makes too much sense for him to chose ISU where he's almost guaranteed to start, and be a big part of our front court offense.

Rio4CY

Sep 29, 2009
Ankeny, IA
The bad news is we aren't going to be getting all 8 or 9 transfers looking at us right now. The great news is we are going to wind up with some of them and I would be happy with any of them. They are all solid regardless of whether they played juco, mid major, etc. I love this time of year!

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: spitfyr36 and Messi

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I think that his a huge assumption. This staff has been quietly active on the transfer market so to say that they don't have a plan B seems inaccurate to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonedogg and Messi

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
An improved Young with Juiston and Lard should improve our frontcourt rebounding. Jackson probably won't be as good as Morris, but Wigginton should be okay for his position. If we get a guard like Brown, Egor, or Alstork I think we'll be better on the boards.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
An improved Young with Juiston and Lard should improve our frontcourt rebounding. Jackson probably won't be as good as Morris, but Wigginton should be okay for his position. If we get a guard like Brown, Egor, or Alstork I think we'll be better on the boards.

Yep, if we land Juiston and one of these grad transfers, we could end up being a better overall team.

We can offset some of our losses with better rebounding and slight defensive improvements.