Egor Koulechov will not visit :(

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I like going for the non Canadian foreign player who has been deemed eligible several seasons already...but I still won't believe it until one hits the floor.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Is this based on something reported or typical ISU defeatist/loser mentality?

I think it's about all the early entries that Oregon has had (Dorsey and Dillon Brooks) and the connections he has to the West.

If he makes it to Ames, then he's in play, bottom line.

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I've been wondering if I'd even want to sign both since it would take minutes from every freshman but Wigginton... then I remembered that winning is all that matters, and we can deal with bringing them along when we have to. Go get these two and we're just as good as we were this year.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I've been wondering if I'd even want to sign both since it would take minutes from every freshman but Wigginton... then I remembered that winning is all that matters, and we can deal with bringing them along when we have to. Go get these two and we're just as good as we were this year.
I'm right there with you. It would be an amazing problem to have.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Giggity.

A 6'-5" guard averaging almost 9 boards a game is outrageous! Imagine rounding out the class with this guy, Brown, Juiston, and that Mississippi State decommit. That might be the best all around class I've ever seen ISU put together.

• Winner
Reactions: Hayes30

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Prohm is doing the same thing Fred did -- a mini-rebuild, using transfers to "reload" and stay immediately competitive while grooming long-term building blocks.

Hopefully he won't need to do this when Young, Long, Wigginton, McNeill, Lewis, Lard, Thompson, and Green are upperclassmen and have the ball rolling downhill.

Fred did the same thing with Allen, Babb, White, Lucious, Clyburn, and Kane before giving way to the core of Ejim, Niang, Mitrou-Long, Morris, and Thomas that brought us so much.

A small bridge generation of 1-2 year guys from the transfer and JUCO route while waiting for a few of the above to mature into big-time Big 12 players is just what the doctor ordered.

I imagine at least Young and Wigginton are going to be in the rotation next year, anyways, and maybe/likely Lewis and Lard based on practice whispers, roster needs, and recruiting rankings, even if we land some/most of our transfer targets this month.

Reactions: istater7

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It's too bad we couldn't get Brown in sooner,

The staff is doing well just getting on these lists. Hopefully they can close on a one.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not much video on Rice basketball out there. I did find this get to know you video about Egor done last summer
Highlights:.
Egor is actually a Israel national and goes back home for the past 5 years to play for their national team.
Completed their army's basic training obligation last summer
Speaks very good English, there shouldn't be any communication issues with the team.

From the few game highlights they provided he looked a lot like Matty Ice in size and shooting form. I assume the staff is selling him on inheriting that role in Ames.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It's too bad we couldn't get Brown in sooner,

The staff is doing well just getting on these lists. Hopefully they can close on a one.

On the plus side Small has visited with Brown before he starts his visits. Hopefully that will help him to hold off on any knee jerk commitments.
I do think the fact Elijah scheduled 3 visits over span of a week. I would appear his intention is to get his visits/pitches right away so he has the information to make decision quickly after the week.