Easy Classes

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Bowling was definitely the easiest class I took!

The only other real easy classes I got to take were Psychology courses. They are all cake, at least the 4 I had.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Must have been the semester I had her because she is one of my least favorite profs. I didn't do bad in her class by any means but I couldn't stand her lectures because it was one of the few classes I took that I actually got way more from reading the text than I did her lecture. Again, our first month or so the lecture hall was packed full, by the end of the semester I bet you could put everyone that showed up in the first 3 rows.

I think she mentioned that she hated large lecture halls.. given that 478 is taught in small classrooms, she was much better with that.. took the time to learn everyone's names, made jokes that related to the lecture, etc.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Sociology classes are super easy because they are all essays you can BS your way through. You will also have the benefit of having half the football team in your class. Creative writing classes are super easy as well.

I agree with this. Soc 330 was a breeze, and back in my day (8 years ago) the professor was HOT! Pretty easy to go to that class.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Another guy to avoid at all costs although it looks like he is no longer teaching undergrad courses: XXDFaculty | College of Business - Iowa State University I took what I thought would be a good elective which was a basic Human Resources class. I took it with a friend that was actually majoring in HR and his thoughts were "I haven't learned jack in this class and I have no idea what exactly it is he's trying to teach which is sad because I'm required to take this class for my major and should be getting something out of it." The entire class was baffled because the material wasn't hard by any means but his grading was all over the place. Everyone had no idea why he'd give an A or B on a paper written the exact same way that he'd give a D to on another one. We had to watch a Michael Moore movie or 2 as part of the class which was a joke as well.

Best part was he gave out his instructor evaluation at least a month or 2 before the class was over and apparently got the results back early because he spent 1 lecture ripping us all because no one would come out and say why we felt he was doing a bad job teaching the class. I would loved to have told him my honest thoughts but with the way my papers were already being graded (an A or B here, then a D or C there with no logical explanations why) I was not about to go on record and watch my grade get destroyed by his personal agenda. After that lecture I know everyone was talking about it and a few even filed complaints with the college of business because there is no way he should know how his evaluations were until after the final grades had been turned in let alone try to hold them against us like he did.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I failed Library 160 3 times. Always forgot to take the Final. My advisor called me my senior year to tell me to go to my final. Heeelllarious.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Any Psych classes are easy - think I took 101, 230, 280, 346 & whatever statistical psych was.

346 is the psychology of women - highest grade in the class of 6 guys, 42 women. Its pretty easy, multiple choice - just pick the answer that makes absolutely no logical sense.

Reactions: MoreCowbell

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Has anyone taken a classical studies class? I'm taking one as an elective for fulfill my humanities credits.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Kayla Christensen. Accounting.

kayla.jpg

Additionally, accounting 284 with Anne Clem is a REALLY easy class.

Seeing this posted makes me feel very old. What does she teach?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
just my advanced observation skills but I'm going to wager a guess and say perhaps accounting? I don't know she has that look to her...

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
She's not that old, she teaches acct 284 or 285. I was at the bars with some friends who were also friends of her only 2 years ago. I don't know how hold she is, but she's only been teaching for 2 years.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
She's not that old, she teaches acct 284 or 285. I was at the bars with some friends who were also friends of her only 2 years ago. I don't know how hold she is, but she's only been teaching for 2 years.

My Acct 284/285 profs did NOT look like that. As a result, the classes sucked (may have also been the material).

On subject, I always found the 100/200 level courses more difficult. IMO, higher level electives were great. I'd recommend History 484 (I think) - History of Warfare. The prof wasn't even paid by the university to teach it. He just liked the subject matter so much. Not really an "easy" course, but it was damn interesting.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Bowling was definitely the easiest class I took!

The only other real easy classes I got to take were Psychology courses. They are all cake, at least the 4 I had.

Bowling was easy, except when I took it, our instructor didn't tell us we had to improve by a certain number of pins from our 1st game bowled to the last one. being a decent bowler, I had to improve by 5 pins on a 198 1st game. talk about a tough final. I thought coaching basketball was by far the easiest. Coach K taught it in the early '90s. final exam, we had to break down an offensive play, out of bounds play, and a zone D. i loved that class.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Physics 221
Math 166/266
Chem 167
EE 210
CS 311

...I think I misunderstood the assignment