Early Look at K-State

• Thread starter DistrictCyclone
  • Start date
D

DistrictCyclone

Currently watching K-State lose to George Washington (29-27 at half). This definitely doesn't look like Martin's K-State squads...

Offensively, they run A LOT of 1-4 low sets. They're shooting like garbage, but suck down a ton of offensive rebounds to get plenty of second looks. Defense is looking like their biggest liability; they are playing man to man almost exclusively, but play it very close and look extremely slow. GWU hasn't been passing the ball very quickly and they've still been able to find a bunch of open looks due to how slowly K-State's defense reacts.

Overall, if this is a representative sample of how K-State plays, we should have no problem with them. They've got some tall bodies (Gibson in particular looks like a beast), but this really looks like a team that has a hard time adapting and executing.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Thank goodness we don't have to face scarface and his rugby league coaching style anymore (although it was good for 3 wins last year).

D

DistrictCyclone

Thank goodness we don't have to face scarface and his rugby league coaching style anymore (although it was good for 3 wins last year).

Yeah, none of that scrappiness and "physical" play they've come to be known for is on display today.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The Big 12 is going to have a small representation in the NCAA tournament.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Currently watching K-State lose to George Washington (29-27 at half). This definitely doesn't look like Martin's K-State squads...

Offensively, they run A LOT of 1-4 low sets. They're shooting like garbage, but suck down a ton of offensive rebounds to get plenty of second looks. Defense is looking like their biggest liability; they are playing man to man almost exclusively, but play it very close and look extremely slow. GWU hasn't been passing the ball very quickly and they've still been able to find a bunch of open looks due to how slowly K-State's defense reacts.

Overall, if this is a representative sample of how K-State plays, we should have no problem with them. They've got some tall bodies (Gibson in particular looks like a beast), but this really looks like a team that has a hard time adapting and executing.

They are OK decent size pretty solid starting lineup. I think them Baylor and WVA are the best teams after ISU/KU with OU, OSU, and UT not that far off. WVA should have lost to VT.

Bruce Weber can't recruit though so once these guys leave KState will take a big drop. 8/10 Big 12 teams aren't that bad just noone is close to getting ranked after KU sadly. (Pac is the same only Zona is ranked and are losing to clemson.)

The only real issue is that no Big 12 team other than KU will count as signature wins assuming everyone beats each other up a bit in conference play.

It makes me sick to my stomach but the Creightons and Butlers of the world are sitting pretty and will likely finish with an equal number of losses as ISU but will absolutely get a bid first since they'll have the lengthy list of impressive non conference games.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
They are OK decent size pretty solid starting lineup. I think them Baylor and WVA are the best teams after ISU/KU with OU, OSU, and UT not that far off. WVA should have lost to VT.

Bruce Weber can't recruit though so once these guys leave KState will take a big drop. 8/10 Big 12 teams aren't that bad just noone is close to getting ranked after KU sadly. (Pac is the same only Zona is ranked and are losing to clemson.)

The only real issue is that no Big 12 team other than KU will count as signature wins assuming everyone beats each other up a bit in conference play.

It makes me sick to my stomach but the Creightons and Butlers of the world are sitting pretty and will likely finish with an equal number of losses as ISU but will absolutely get a bid first since they'll have the lengthy list of impressive non conference games.
Yeah, a down year for B12 bball.