EA Sports NCAA College FB coming back Summer '24

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Unheralded feature of this game is the 85 man rosters. The game had been locked at 70 previously. If they implement accurate transfer logic, it could really enhance the team building portion of the game

Reactions: ISUKyro

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Unheralded feature of this game is the 85 man rosters. The game had been locked at 70 previously. If they implement accurate transfer logic, it could really enhance the team building portion of the game
Agree. Those roster cuts could always be a little brutal.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Our old uniforms or new ones going to be in the game?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Glad that's coming. I want to say the NBA 2K series did that for at least one of their entries and it makes for immersion and realism

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Glad that's coming. I want to say the NBA 2K series did that for at least one of their entries and it makes for immersion and realism

Didn’t they do that for previous versions? Or was that just the opening where sometimes there were announcers at the start and sometimes there was just the stadium PA or something? But maybe the in-game didn’t change.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Didn’t they do that for previous versions? Or was that just the opening where sometimes there were announcers at the start and sometimes there was just the stadium PA or something? But maybe the in-game didn’t change.
I think you maybe got different commentary in the road to glory mode, where you played highschool games? I'm honestly not sure.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm pretty sure that for any games not worthy of Fowler/Herby in the previous versions of the game the only commentary was from PA announcer at the stadium.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I simulate all the games and just recruit so won't notice.
Way back in the day, my roommate and I used to play multiplayer dynasties. This was like NCAA Football 05, 06, 07. And we'd always start saying that we were going to play all the games. Then, it was every other game. Then it was championship games and bowl games. Eventually we'd just sim through entire seasons.
And you know what, that's a totally valid way to play the game. It's a blast to play it that way.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Way back in the day, my roommate and I used to play multiplayer dynasties. This was like NCAA Football 05, 06, 07. And we'd always start saying that we were going to play all the games. Then, it was every other game. Then it was championship games and bowl games. Eventually we'd just sim through entire seasons.
And you know what, that's a totally valid way to play the game. It's a blast to play it that way.
There's a game called The Program on mobile that you recruit and run a college program of fake teams. Similar idea and it is ok but not close to the real deal.