Dresser Media Availability

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Shots at a few wrestlers too about how they should look at how Fuessley does stuff off the mat

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Being a D1 wrestler is a tough job. Not only the workouts; not only the requirement that you keep up with studies while the demands of the sport take your time, but you don't have the luxury of partying or goofing off or having beer and pizza on weekends like most of your classmates. One reason I love the sport; you know the sacrifices they have to make on and off the mat.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Re: Caleb - It's fun to see Caleb surprise a lot of people (myself included). He's been able to elevate his game at the right time. Good job and keep it up!

Re: Redding - He's been one of the most up and down wrestlers that I can remember lately. Hopefully he can continue to show some consistency and finish the year strong. I'm getting the impression that Ramazan's injury is going to have a lingering effect on him. At some point I think the coaches will just have to make a decision and run with it.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Re: Caleb - It's fun to see Caleb surprise a lot of people (myself included). He's been able to elevate his game at the right time. Good job and keep it up!

Re: Redding - He's been one of the most up and down wrestlers that I can remember lately. Hopefully he can continue to show some consistency and finish the year strong. I'm getting the impression that Ramazan's injury is going to have a lingering effect on him. At some point I think the coaches will just have to make a decision and run with it.
I think the job is Redding’s to lose if he stays consistent, like you mentioned.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Interesting Redding referred to himself as a 'tweener'. That makes me feel better about him at 33 vs being stuck behind Casey. Better a big 33 than a small 41 is he can handle the cut.

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
Interesting Redding referred to himself as a 'tweener'. That makes me feel better about him at 33 vs being stuck behind Casey. Better a big 33 than a small 41 is he can handle the cut.
I’m glad you posted this, didn’t realize there were clips of Redding and Fuessley. Pain in the arse to get the videos to play—“video currently not unavailable.” Numerous refreshes.

Reactions: matclone

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I didn't have any problems with the videos. It's great to hear from the wrestlers along with the coaches. I have to think this is a big plus in terms of recruiting. Does Iowa do this sort of media availability with their wrestlers?