Dream car

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
How about Rimac Concept 1. The electric super car that almost killed Richard Hammond.

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
Cameron's Dad's 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder

Ferrari-250-GT-California-Spyder-in-Ferris-Buellers-Day-Off.png
It is his love, it is his passion...

It is his fault he didn't lock the garage

• Love
Reactions: HFCS and JP4CY

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Supercar - would have been a Ferrari Enzo, but they have an aged as well as I thought they would. I have updated to a Ferrari 458.

Muscle car - 70 Chevelle LS6, red with black stripes. 68 Camaro isn't too far behind.

Daily - 2000 BMW 760. I don't like BMWs but I love the body style and the size of this car. It would probably end up costing me more than one of the Ferraris.
Drove one last summer. All black, original except headers. Found the original 1970 license plate under the passenger seat looking if over. Only instruction I was given was 'don't forget she's got a lot more go than she does stop'. Incredible. Definitely a handful compared to anything modern. Turned a lot of heads and got me chatted up at every stoplight. That thing is a trump card for just about any car show I've ever been to.

Same guy another time let me drive is 2019 Corvette ZR1. That's it for me. I know it's domestic and not as dreamy as a lot mentioned but it was pretty special. It was a convertible with the Carbon Fiber package too. Beautiful blue. People gawked like it was a spaceship. Didn't get to spend much time and respected the value of it enough not to push it hard.

Who says never meet your heroes?

Reactions: NWICY

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
So many choices...

Just for uniqueness, I'd love a 40s or 50s cab-over-engine medium duty truck with a pickup or stake bed, lift and big honkin' tires. Those models had little stubby hoods, not completely flat-faced like the later generations.

But there are so many muscle cars, modern exotics, grand tourers and even hot hatches that I'd love to drive.

Attachments

• 1950-chevrolet-coe-is-a-pickup-truck-blast-from-the-past-145275_1.jpg
    1950-chevrolet-coe-is-a-pickup-truck-blast-from-the-past-145275_1.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 3

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Drove one last summer. All black, original except headers. Found the original 1970 license plate under the passenger seat looking if over. Only instruction I was given was 'don't forget she's got a lot more go than she does stop'. Incredible. Definitely a handful compared to anything modern. Turned a lot of heads and got me chatted up at every stoplight. That thing is a trump card for just about any car show I've ever been to.

Same guy another time let me drive is 2019 Corvette ZR1. That's it for me. I know it's domestic and not as dreamy as a lot mentioned but it was pretty special. It was a convertible with the Carbon Fiber package too. Beautiful blue. People gawked like it was a spaceship. Didn't get to spend much time and respected the value of it enough not to push it hard.

Who says never meet your heroes?

Ha! I have a C7 Z06. It's not a ZR1 but it's close enough for me. It's got plenty of go AND stop.

I've driven plenty of Chevelles and even owned one... but I've never seen a true LS6 anywhere other than a car show or an auction.

Reactions: cstrunk and HOTDON

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
lots of good choices in this thread. I find it entertaining that people want a musclecar from the 60s or 70s but have never really driven one. Its honestly somewhat disappointing and underwhelming in terms of true driving dynamics. I view old cars more as a work of art in terms of styling, proportions, and use of stainless and chrome.

I have some of my dream cars....1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville, 1991 Nissan 300zx twin turbo, 2006 Mercedes CLS55 AMG, and a bunch of others. Been lucky to find them when they were obtainable, or in condition i could afford and fixed up.....

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
lots of good choices in this thread. I find it entertaining that people want a musclecar from the 60s or 70s but have never really driven one. Its honestly somewhat disappointing and underwhelming in terms of true driving dynamics. I view old cars more as a work of art in terms of styling, proportions, and use of stainless and chrome.
Original muscle cars are brutes. They're rough, they're loud, they shake and you'll shake too. I don't know how people drove those around day after day. An hour is fun but after that it's a chore. And a lot of modern family cars could outrun most of those muscle cars on a track.

I used to think resto mods ruined a car. I don't feel that way anymore. I'd love to have a 68 Camaro with a fuel injected motor, AC and suspension and brakes that won't make me hate the car or get me killed.

But they're still beautiful.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One of my best friends hit it big with his own company right out of ISU and he bought an exact replica of this. We were the kings of the world driving around in that thing on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago in our early 20s. I think he kept it 2-3 years. It was fun but not at all practical haha.
That’s a 1.5MM car had he kept it.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Right? I mean, practicality and reliability be damned, to be sure, but it's just a stunning vehicle.
British%20Racing%20Green%20Metallic-1AL-18,41,35-640-en_US.jpg
I would want the convertible.

The newer Jags are actually pretty reliable - not Japanese, but average. They actually got a lot better once they dumped all the Lucas electrics from the 80s.

I have had two X-types and two XK8s (still have one of each) of oughties vintage and they are actually not bad. First X-Type was BRG and tan interior, manual.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Help Support Us

Become a patron