Doyle cost Epenesa millions

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
All spring and summer the Iowa fan base was crowing how their D line, led by Epenesa, would be a pack of wild dogs, going after the quarterback. That their pass rush would so intense that teams would be forced to use quick throws to escape the pressure that would be swarming at them. This would allow their DB's to be ball hawking and get takeaways.

The few times I have watched them, little of this has happened. Until yesterday, they had no backups on the D line getting meaningful minutes and producing, Epenesa started out getting doubled, now it generally one on one, and for the season he has 3 sacks and 8 solo tackles. He has gone from a 3rd down rush the QB to playing full time and its hurt his stock a lot.

He will still be a high draft choice, but his lack of production will drop him from the top 10 to 15, to the late first or maybe even into the second round.

This is a great breakdown. Nice work.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Limited production to this point has little to do with his draft potential. He is playing a different role now, and it has hurt his draft stock, but that doesn't mean he can't play a pass rushing role in the NFL and still be successful. I do however like that Iowa fans have to eat crow and try to wipe egg off their faces with all the hype they put on his shoulders.

He seems like that kind of lineman the Giants would have taken 10 years ago, when they won the super bowl, with that insane pass rush double line change thing they had going on.

• Agree
Reactions: besserheimerphat

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

source.gif

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Beast. Was interesting to see him moved inside as well. Made that OL look silly.

Someone on Twitter said that when they moved him inside it was like seeing Godzilla come out of the ocean. That's a good one.

He's Rashan Gary from last year. Production doesn't meet his talent because of varying factors but he's an elite prospect.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

He played a beast of a game. Made that LT look silly for sure. Granted, given his physical attributes and preseason hype, you would have assumed this would have came sooner than week 11. Regardless, maybe he has a little momentum and can finish strong.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Someone on Twitter said that when they moved him inside it was like seeing Godzilla come out of the ocean. That's a good one..

That is the best thing I have read in a while. I am going to start using that line whenever even remotely relevant.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron